going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Esteban » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Rainier70 wrote:
I have had one of the Trekker Fold A Privys for about 5 years now. It is very easy to setup and take down. It is light and stores as a flat circle about 2.5 ft in dia. In a wind you have to stake it down and the top will bend and bounce around a bit.

You can't hang something heavy like a solar shower water bag from the top, but you can support things like a shower head and hose. It is also screen on the top for ventilation. I made a small rainfly for it from some water resistant ripstop. I love it for an outside shower/changing room or privy.


Here's a YouTube showing how to set one up and take it down:


:thumbsup: I'm tall like the man above demonstrating the seven (7) foot high Trekker-Fold-A-Privy. It appeals to me as a good privacy tent that is taller than most, reasonably priced and easy enough to set up and take down.

Michigan Mike at littleguy forums.com/trekker-fold-a-privvy said:
I just ordered one of these this week and it arrived here today. Talk about an ingenious unit and very easy to set up! The plan here is to use this for a shower stall and for use with a porta-potti when camping. This unit is very roomy and tall and also has some vents for air, etc. I also picked up a portable shower pump with wand and will use that as well. The only thing I don't have is the bathroom sink! :-D

There were concerns about folding this spring loaded unit back up but after viewing this video it was rather simple and stored in the carrying bag with ease. My camping fun is going to be better enjoyed this winter and spring and I have all the creature comforts necessary now to make my adventures a pleasure.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1538
Images: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:39 pm
Location: California, San Luis Obispo

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

My simple solution to the problem was to use a wide mouth-apple cider jar, with a BTPI printed on the label. (bottle to pee in). However one morning during breakfast, I failed to see the BTPI indicator on the back side and since I love my cider, I took a big swig and damned near choked! Now if you believe that, I have a bridge I can sell you too.
:? :wine: Roly ~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
User avatar
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder
 
Posts: 2964
Images: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: Wildomar, Calif

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Rainier70 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 pm

This seems to be a nice disposable product at a reasonable price. $.99 each or about $.50 if you buy in bulk. Handy for nasty public restrooms
The Pee Pocket
http://www.thepeepocket.com/
User avatar
Rainier70
500 Club
 
Posts: 922
Images: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am
Location: Southeast Idaho
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Ramblin' Ruby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:34 pm

1-IMG_1309.JPG
1-IMG_1309.JPG (62.73 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
That's why I changed my Teardrop bed to a single, so I could sit up and slide over to a 5 gallon bucket with a seat and lid..very handy. I don't know how I'd do it with a double bed. Works for me. The potty is under the coat in the foreground. This was the first night I slept in my Teardrop - still in the unpainted stage. Workin' on that now.
Ramblin' Ruby
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 20
Images: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:03 pm
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am

:applause: Love that idea. I have always had a bigger tear so I could have a potty inside. Now I am thinking of getting rid of my tiny car and getting a smaller Teardrop. :?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
User avatar
Miriam C.
our Aunti M
 
Posts: 19673
Images: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Southwest MO
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby rowerwet » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.
User avatar
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 2050
Images: 521
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 am
Location: Merrimack River Valley
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 pm

rowerwet wrote:Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.


If one maintains the potty properly, there are no smells. People are surprised when I show them mine. (I empty my Luggable Loo and ready it for the next midnight visit every morning before breakfast; and, of course, wipe it down with Lysol wipes every so often.) I considered an inside loo an absolute 'must have' when I built. However, I know that might not be everyone's idea of the heaven that it is for me.
User avatar
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 8079
Images: 488
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am
Location: No. California
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby lrrowe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Sharon, your view of Heaven is the same as my wife's for this need.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
User avatar
lrrowe
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3268
Images: 439
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:54 am
Location: SW Virigina
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby rowerwet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:43 am

S. Heisley wrote:
rowerwet wrote:Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.


If one maintains the potty properly, there are no smells. People are surprised when I show them mine. (I empty my Luggable Loo and ready it for the next midnight visit every morning before breakfast; and, of course, wipe it down with Lysol wipes every so often.) I considered an inside loo an absolute 'must have' when I built. However, I know that might not be everyone's idea of the heaven that it is for me.

Talking more about a little "wind" than anything else :lol:
Inside the side tent is part of inside for us, the tents just about double our space and make the tear into a three room area, with one mostly sound proof.
User avatar
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 2050
Images: 521
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 am
Location: Merrimack River Valley
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm

rowerwet wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:
rowerwet wrote:Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.


If one maintains the potty properly, there are no smells. People are surprised when I show them mine. (I empty my Luggable Loo and ready it for the next midnight visit every morning before breakfast; and, of course, wipe it down with Lysol wipes every so often.) I considered an inside loo an absolute 'must have' when I built. However, I know that might not be everyone's idea of the heaven that it is for me.

Talking more about a little "wind" than anything else :lol:
Inside the side tent is part of inside for us, the tents just about double our space and make the tear into a three room area, with one mostly sound proof.


Okay, so, maybe I'm a little weird; but, if I were going potty in a tent, I think the "noises" would be heard outside the tent. Is this not so? Even though it is a natural process of the body, it seems a tad embarrassing. :oops: IMO It's odd that we've posted 31 pages on this subject and I don't remember anyone mentioning the noise factor.....?
User avatar
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 8079
Images: 488
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am
Location: No. California
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 pm

:poop: :embarassed: Hummm maybe a shower radio.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
User avatar
Miriam C.
our Aunti M
 
Posts: 19673
Images: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Southwest MO
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby rebapuck » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:01 am

Running water covers noises, but that might lead to more peeing.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
Image
User avatar
rebapuck
.
 
Posts: 2217
Images: 1
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chapel Hill NC
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby rowerwet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:56 pm

from the title I assumed it is the middle of the night, everyone else should be asleep, peepers, fans etc should be louder than any personal noises... :NC
User avatar
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 2050
Images: 521
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 am
Location: Merrimack River Valley
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 pm

rowerwet wrote:from the title I assumed it is the middle of the night, everyone else should be asleep, peepers, fans etc should be louder than any personal noises... :NC


Ah, now we're having a bit of a "pee" thread revival! ;)

There are those half open windows and overflow and otherwise tent sleepers.... What about first thing in the morning? It is such a treat to not have to rush to the public facility, usually a "fur piece" away, still looking scruffy and ruffled from the night's sleep; or worse, to stand in line and wait then.

:thinking: You can carefully pee down the side (inside the potty). But, that doesn't always "go" as planned....Use a Go-Girl? As far as those abrupt gas noises, you can do those inside the cabin. Recently, I heard that scientists have found that breathing in the sulfur from body gas has been found to fight cancer; so, let your cancer fighters fire away! :roll: Have a second bowl of chili for supper.

...Sound proof tent? ...Maybe a towel or quilt attached to the sides of the potty tent? That would help with inside shadow views, too.

Have I made you nervous and self-conscious yet? :lol: ...Just havin' some fun whichya. :R
User avatar
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 8079
Images: 488
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am
Location: No. California
Top

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby deleted » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
rowerwet wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:
rowerwet wrote:Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.


If one maintains the potty properly, there are no smells. People are surprised when I show them mine. (I empty my Luggable Loo and ready it for the next midnight visit every morning before breakfast; and, of course, wipe it down with Lysol wipes every so often.) I considered an inside loo an absolute 'must have' when I built. However, I know that might not be everyone's idea of the heaven that it is for me.

Talking more about a little "wind" than anything else :lol:
Inside the side tent is part of inside for us, the tents just about double our space and make the tear into a three room area, with one mostly sound proof.


Okay, so, maybe I'm a little weird; but, if I were going potty in a tent, I think the "noises" would be heard outside the tent. Is this not so? Even though it is a natural process of the body, it seems a tad embarrassing. :oops: IMO It's odd that we've posted 31 pages on this subject and I don't remember anyone mentioning the noise factor.....?


I keep a Thetford porta potty in The Glampette and like Sharon said, no odors at all when not "in use." Once the slide to the black water is closed and the lid is down... Nothing. It's stationed right next to my pillow :lol:

OK, not in the middle of the night but one night at a campground the campers next to me used their side tent as their potty tent. There was a light inside the teardrop so when they stepped into the tent I could see them grab the roll of toilet paper and everything else if I'd have kept looking. They put on a potty tent shadow show :frightened: :lol:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1233
Images: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 pm
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest