Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 pm

OklahomaJewel wrote:
My opening line is more like " if you're looking for a Barbie doll, I'm not her. I'm not skinny , fake and plastic. If you want a trophy wife, I'm more like 2nd runner up... "

Yay, Julie! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

...One day, there'll be a knock on your teardrop door and the right person will be standing there! (...hopefully.)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:55 pm

S. Heisley wrote:OklahomaJewel wrote:
My opening line is more like " if you're looking for a Barbie doll, I'm not her. I'm not skinny , fake and plastic. If you want a trophy wife, I'm more like 2nd runner up... "

Yay, Julie! :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

...One day, there'll be a knock on your teardrop door and the right person will be standing there! (...hopefully.)

:thumbsup: I second that sista! There are a lot of great guys and gals out there looking for "that special person". They are out there.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Karl » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:07 am

S. Heisley wrote:For people your age (Karl's) and younger, it may be possible to find someone. But, my belief is that for many people, "happily ever after" is just the ending in a fiction book/fairytale. Sooner or later, reality will turn around and bite most of us.

Dear Sharon,
I’m sorry you feel the way you do but I’m assuming you have some life-experiences that make you more of a realist than I am.
I just turned 50 this year (so I’m not all that young anymore :cry: ) but I hope to always be the eternally-optimistic romantic fool (even though that means I’m setting myself up for having my heart broken a few times along the way). Perhaps reality will hit home some day but I hope not for a long time.
Wishing you the best.
Karl
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Karl » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:Karl,

We don't mind you guys hanging out on the ladies forum at all. It can be quite entertaining actually.

My sister is single (divorced) but she lives in Louisiana - a bit of a drive for you. She's pretty cool...loves camping, fishing, outdoors and such. But she lives in Louisiana.

I hope you find a gal-pal. It's fun to have someone who shares your enjoyment. I take my friends or sons camping with me -- hubby just isn't into it anymore.

Keep us posted on your journey. :thumbsup:

Thanks for not minding the intrusion. It would not be my intent to annoy anyone.
Your sister sounds like quite the catch but alas, she lives a bit too far away from Michigan.
Hopefully your husband is just going through a phase and will get back to camping with you some day. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Take care.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Karl » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:40 am

oklahomajewel wrote:
Karl wrote: Maybe to weed out the marginal ones, the opening paragraph in my online dating profile should be, “If you are not in to camping, ....

Haha ... and "on e steeck" (on a stick!)

I thought I'd found a real catch when I finally got thru to someone on a personals site... even better when he updated his pictures and on of his lines was "I freakin LOVE camping!" and there was a picture of him standing out tending the fire with his little fiberglass Compact Jr camper!!!

We finally met for a dinner, seemed to really hit it off! He went camping with me to Missouri in the very very early spring, but didn't complain , shared the gas and drive money, had a great time with the teardroppers .... but then pfffttt... nothing happened... that was over a year ago...

... what evah! ....

Julie

Julie,
I wasn’t sure if enough people had seen Jeff Dunham to understand the "on e steeck" (on a stick!) comment. Good for you.
Regarding your comments about “looks”, you have the right attitude (although you don't give yourself enough credit when it comes to your looks). There is so much beyond the outer shell to consider in a partner that in the end, good looks, while nice, don’t mean a whole lot when it comes to being happy.
Regarding your camping buddy, perhaps a good rule for the future would be that if someone uses the word, “freakin”, in anything other than a purely joking manner that we should say, “next in line”. Still, the fact that he had a camper, went camping with you, and had a great time made him seem quite legit, of course. The entire matter is rather perplexing to say the least. Sometimes people get scared off when they realize they don’t deserve the person they are with. I know that doesn’t help much.
Enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Fun topic Karl! One of my girlfriends and I were having a converation about just this thing the other day. We were both lamenting the fact that we just haven't been meeting any decent, nice, fun guys. I told her it would be nice if I met up with someone who "got" the whole td & ttt thing and who might enjoy camping. Her response was "well... maybe once you finish up your trailer you'll meet someone while you're camping. Or... maybe you'll meet someone in that forum that you're always talking about." I thought it was an interesting point. Guess I never really thought about possibly meeting Mr. Wonderful while I'm out camping. It would be a fun way to meet someone. Since I'm still pretty much a newbie around here and I've only been to one gathering so far perhaps there's hope yet. Maybe us single folks should institute a "singles cocktail hour" at some of the tearjerker or other gathering! :twisted: Who knows?? It could be fun!The only trouble is... I'd hate to be at a gathering and end up drinking alone! :thumbdown: Too bad you're so far away. You seem like a great guy. Best of luck in your search!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby robertaw » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Perhaps even a "singles" section on the forum here? If people were interested in hooking up they could go over there and chat. The rest of us could lurk... 8)
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:57 am

Miriam C. wrote::lol: I met Mike over the phone. Weird story! Happy ever after is a commitment not a fairy tale. :thumbsup: You start with a set of basics and work on it. ;)

I wrangled a date once from a wrong number. Just told her she had a sweet voice and sounded cute. :D
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby rebapuck » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:27 am

What does "cute" sound like? I need to work on that.

I'm single, in NC, kinda looking for a VW mechanic.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby bobhenry » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 am

Judy....Judy.....Judy....!

8)
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Karl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:24 am

TheresaD wrote: Maybe us single folks should institute a "singles cocktail hour" at some of the tearjerker or other gathering! :twisted: Who knows?? It could be fun!The only trouble is... I'd hate to be at a gathering and end up drinking alone! :thumbdown: Too bad you're so far away. You seem like a great guy. Best of luck in your search!

Theresa,
I think that a single's cocktail hour is a nice idea. All it takes is two people. Like you, I don't want to drink alone.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes, it is too bad we are so far apart since it would be fun to get together. Best of luck to you too in your search.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Karl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:32 am

rebapuck wrote:I'm single, in NC, kinda looking for a VW mechanic.

Are you looking for a date or for someone to work on your fleet? :thinking:
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Karl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:43 am

bobhenry wrote:I wrangled a date once from a wrong number. Just told her she had a sweet voice and sounded cute. :D

Bob,
You dah man!!!!!! That's for sure.
So, were you randomly dialing numbers hoping to find a "sweet voice" :rofl2: or was the wrong number an incoming call to you?
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:36 am

It was incoming of course !

A am not a stalker :roll:

It's been a week since Vickie left me!

So I am seriously thinking about becoming one though :twisted:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Karl » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:15 am

bobhenry wrote:It was incoming of course !

A am not a stalker :roll:

It's been a week since Vickie left me!

So I am seriously thinking about becoming one though :twisted:

Bob,
Of course! (as if I didn't know that <g>)
You be a good boy. Vickie will be home soon.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers