Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Any match-makers out there?

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 am

Dear Ladies,
I recently broke up with my long-time girlfriend and don’t anticipate that we will be getting back together. :cry: Despite the breakup, I still appreciate her in many ways, including that she loved to camp and she truly enjoyed my teardrop trailer. In fact, we had even been planning a multi-week trip in it for next year to explore the upper Midwest and western states.
I want to have teardrop camping (and the Tearjerkers group) as an important part of my life :ilovecamp: but being a realist, I know that percentage-wise, the chances are not too great of meeting a fine lady who would want to go camping on a fairly frequent basis. And I suspect that not too many women would be vey enthused about their man gallivanting around with the Tearjerkers group once or twice a month while she stayed home alone…although if she wanted to stay home that badly, I don’t think I would be dating her anyway.
Therefore, I would like to enlist your help.
If you know of any single women in their 40’s or 50’s in Michigan or the northern parts of either Ohio or Indiana who like to camp (or better yet, who have their own teardrop), please bring them along to any Michigan, Indiana, or Ohio gathering so that we can meet. :shake hands: Speaking of gatherings, I will be at the Hoosier Fall Gathering at Summit Lake during the second weekend of October.

Thanks!
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 am

Damn Karl :shock:

I just lost mine to 2 months of brother setting in Tennessee.

If ya find one with a sister let me know.

Probably won't see Vickie for a couple of months. She has one brother who was caretaking the other. Sunday little brother ( the caretaker) tried to run down a kenworth with his toyota. It is quicker and easier to list the bones he DIDN'T break. So she is down raising both of them.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 am

Too bad....... I'm in central Oklahoma .... ;)
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:59 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Too bad....... I'm in central Oklahoma .... ;)

Aw shucks. Thanks for making my day!!
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby SandyD » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:13 am

And I'm in Minnesota ~ I just purchased my new TD and will be starting to camp in just a few weeks here.

While I'm not actively looking for a mate ~ I sure am looking forward to meeting a lot of people.

Good Luck !!
Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:11 am

SandyD wrote:And I'm in Minnesota ~ I just purchased my new TD and will be starting to camp in just a few weeks here.

While I'm not actively looking for a mate ~ I sure am looking forward to meeting a lot of people.

Good Luck !!

Sandy,
I may be heading up your way some time this fall. I have a handful of relatives in St. Paul and Minneapolis who claim they want to see me.
I love that area. I went to Bethel College (Arden Hills) duiring my freshman year of college and I traveled to the Twin Cities on business quite a bit over the years.
You certainly picked a great place to live.
Well, have fun with your new teardtop and I'm sure you will enjoy the local Tearjerkers group up there in the great white north. If they are anything like they are around here, you will meet a lot of very nice, down-to-earth people.
Take care.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Arne » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 pm

I know what you mean.. My g/f broke up with me for other reasons, but she said our 5 day t/d trip to VT was the worst 5 days of her life. We went tubing, swimming (her 7 y/o grandson was with us).... I thought it was decent enough... but, as they say, different strokes... yada, yada, yada..
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Don't walk in front of me,
I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
A real friend is someone who walks in
when the rest of the world walks out.
Forgiveness is the glue,
that repairs broken relationships.
Nature has given to men one tongue,
but two ears, that we may hear
from others twice as much
as we speak.
True friends are like diamonds,
precious and rare.
A friend is someone
who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you
when you have forgotten the words.
A friend is one who believes in you
when you have ceased to believe
in yourself.
It takes a long time
to grow an old friend.

~~UNKNOWN~~

Make me glad I have one that walks beside me !
Last edited by bobhenry on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Even when it's cold as hell ! :lol: :lol:

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby legojenn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Karl:

I have a little empathy for your situation. I would like to find a fellow for frequent backwoods trips. Who knows, I may meet one now that I have a trailer for one.

Good luck meeting someone.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:27 pm

See Karl? Not a bad thread after all .... several of us are kinda in the same "boat" ...

I tried some "singles" lines online , but am tired of the same ol' same ol' , same questions, same conversations, and the same liars and spam all the time! ack!

So more into trying to just have fun and do what I want to do , and hopefully find someone with the same likes, activities and mind set. I have camped with my teardrop for three years with my South and North Central friends and keep wondering if one of the times there'll be a single , available camping loving guy there! This last time I went camping alone, and I have to admit it was really lonely and kind of boring ...

So I'm hoping to find , if not a boyfriend and relationship, a camping friend that wants to go when and where I do !

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 pm

When you least expect it it will jump out of the woodwork.

Vic was a blind date and we got off to a stumbling start (ex wanted a second look) so she said just call me!

A few weeks later I did and19 years later ~~~~~

Her we are , her in Tennessee and me lost and lonely in Indiana :(

Maybe she will come back some day....

Mean while I have to shop match dot com :D

Just kidding girls :R
Last edited by bobhenry on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Arne wrote:I know what you mean.. My g/f broke up with me for other reasons, but she said our 5 day t/d trip to VT was the worst 5 days of her life. We went tubing, swimming (her 7 y/o grandson was with us).... I thought it was decent enough... but, as they say, different strokes... yada, yada, yada..

Arne,
I remember your thread, “Marriott girl…”, back in mid-January. You were talking about taking an extended trip down south in February with your girlfriend who was a self-described “Marriott Girl” but you had reservations as to whether going with her would be a good idea. In that thread, you mentioned that you had already gone away with that lady and her grandson for a 5 day trip during 2008…and you thought that the trip had gone well.
So, after all that time had passed, she finally decided to tell you how terrible she felt that first trip was?? Holy cow! I hate to ask, but... Did you ever take that second trip with her?
You seem lilke such a nice guy. I hope that you have found another woman who is worthy of someone like you.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Karl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:05 am

oklahomajewel wrote:See Karl? Not a bad thread after all .... several of us are kinda in the same "boat" ...
I tried some "singles" lines online , but am tired of the same ol' same ol' , same questions, same conversations, and the same liars and spam all the time! ack!

Julie,

Yes, indeed, there are a few of us in the same boat...or trailer.

Regarding the “singles” websites, I met some wonderful women on Match.com and Yahoo Personals after I divorced my wife nearly 4 years ago (including the ex-girlfriend I am lamenting over right now). Regardless of whether or not we ever dated, three of them turned into some of the best friends I have ever had (and still have). But, those sites are so much work and since I’m still recovering from major back surgery, I’m at least a few more months away from having the energy for everything that would be involved with online dating. Maybe to weed out the marginal ones, the opening paragraph in my online dating profile should be, “If you are not in to camping, move on to the next man. If you don’t know what a teardrop trailer is, move on to the next man. If, when the weather is above freezing (or should I say zero?), you don’t like spending at least one weekend nearly every month in the great out-of-doors, move on to the next man.” Something tells me, though, that an opening salvo such as that might not allow me to come across in the way that most women I’ve dated would describe me, which is a sweet, gentle. romantic, big ol teddy bear … oops, I meant a macho, rugged, manly man.
:rofl2:
I know what you mean about camping alone being lonely and boring. That’s why the Tearjerkers group has been such a terrific find for me. Everyone has been so friendly and nice, which for a moderately introverted guy like me is truly a god-send. And thankfully, the men seem to understand that even though I’m a single guy, I am not out to steal away their girlfriend or wife.

Best of luck finding a guy who will be your camping buddy…or preferably your boyfriend and camping buddy. You certainly deserve to meet someone special.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Karl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 am

bobhenry wrote:Her we are , her in Tennessee and me lost and lonely in Indiana :(

Maybe she will come back some day....

Mean while I have to shop match dot com :D

Just kidding girls :R

Bob,
A lot of people would kick your sorry butt if you started shopping around for another woman while your better half is helping her brothers in Tennessee. You are quite a jokester. You are truly a lucky man to have someone like Vickie…and you are smart enough know it!
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers