Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Prem » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:17 am

:roll:

Careful. The Florida Properness Police may come after you.
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Karl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:25 am

afreegreek wrote:...Oh, and don't let her into your p@nt$ on the first date. you know how modern women are... :lol:

After I divorced my wife in 2005, I was AMAZED :shock: at how aggressive "MODERN" women in my age group were (I was 46 at the time) especially since those were probably the same women who 25+ years ago wouldn't have kissed until the third date. :noyes: Time can really change people. I will admit a couple of them scared me (almost out of my pants :surrender: 8) ) because of how sexually aggressive they were. And I'm not talking after a few dates or a few drinks. I mean after one cup of coffee at Starbucks! :coffee: I didn't know what they put in that coffee but I made sure that most of my first dates took place at that one particular coffee shop. :thumbsup: All I kept muttering to myself was, "Where were woman like this when I was in college" (and had more energy). :whistle: :cry: Oh well.

Fortunately, I got through my post-divorce, "Sow my Wild Oats" phase pretty quickly :SH :pipe: and then I tended to shy away from the type of woman who would make me blush because of what they suggested to do while parked in the Starbucks parking lot. :oops: Of course, my ex made things very, very clear...over and over and over again... that no woman would ever be crazy enough to want me. I was fortunate to eventually meet some very nice "crazy" :crazy: women (with brains, class, and some self-respect) and I am honored to say that some of them turned out to be among the best friends I have ever had (and still have).

So, for any of you single, unattached female tearjerkers (or their friends) who have brains, class, and some self-respect (which I'm sure all of you do, of course), there are plenty of men on this forum who would appreciate getting to know you…and not necessarily while at that one Starbucks.
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby afreegreek » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 am

Karl wrote:
afreegreek wrote:...Oh, and don't let her into your p@nt$ on the first date. you know how modern women are... :lol:

After I divorced my wife in 2005, I was AMAZED :shock: at how aggressive "MODERN" women in my age group were (I was 46 at the time) especially since those were probably the same women who 25+ years ago wouldn't have kissed until the third date. :noyes: Time can really change people. I will admit a couple of them scared me (almost out of my pants :surrender: 8) ) because of how sexually aggressive they were. And I'm not talking after a few dates or a few drinks. I mean after one cup of coffee at Starbucks! :coffee: I didn't know what they put in that coffee but I made sure that most of my first dates took place at that one particular coffee shop. :thumbsup: All I kept muttering to myself was, "Where were woman like this when I was in college" (and had more energy). :whistle: :cry: Oh well.

Fortunately, I got through my post-divorce, "Sow my Wild Oats" phase pretty quickly :SH :pipe: and then I tended to shy away from the type of woman who would make me blush because of what they suggested to do while parked in the Starbucks parking lot. :oops: Of course, my ex made things very, very clear...over and over and over again... that no woman would ever be crazy enough to want me. I was fortunate to eventually meet some very nice "crazy" :crazy: women (with brains, class, and some self-respect) and I am honored to say that some of them turned out to be among the best friends I have ever had (and still have).

So, for any of you single, unattached female tearjerkers (or their friends) who have brains, class, and some self-respect (which I'm sure all of you do, of course), there are plenty of men on this forum who would appreciate getting to know you…and not necessarily while at that one Starbucks.
LOL!.. I discovered 'older' women long ago (in my 30's) and never looked back.. now I know how they get those little creases at the side of their eyes.. :twisted:
afreegreek
500 Club

Postby Arne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:50 am

I am going out with a woman today who owns a 2 wheel drive p/u, a tractor and a back hoe..... whoopeee...!!
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby robertaw » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Arne wrote:I am going out with a woman today who owns a 2 wheel drive p/u, a tractor and a back hoe..... whoopeee...!!

Now that's my kind of woman! Oh wait, I am a woman. I would like to have all of the aboved listed toys...all painted in camo.
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Lindahun » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Arne

Are you dating my sister and she didn't tell me ?

Oh, she has two tractors and the p u truck. Also owns a pug. She's one of the older women you spoke of, but could give someone a run for their money. Ha ha

She told me she was no longer interested in men though. Just doing things with friends.

Linda
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Arne » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:19 pm

A funny thing happened. I met a very nice lady about my age... after some dates, she said I could stay over, but would have to sleep on an air mattress in a separate room... sure, beats going home and back in the a.m. to go on a day trip.

While sitting on the couch, I said, do you want to go up stairs.. she said 'okay'......

She has an older son living with her. He is in school to get into the med profession...

She hid in the corner of the air mattress when her son came home....

We are now 'going steady'.... found on match.com.. after a lot of duds I found a winner....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Great to hear Arne! Good luck, treat her well and be yourself!

Slowcowboy ... I sent you a PM about something ... didn't you get it?

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mandy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Arne wrote:I am going out with a woman today who owns a 2 wheel drive p/u, a tractor and a back hoe..... whoopeee...!!

:applause: That's great Arne, after the Marriot girl you need someone with simular interests. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Julie, not that I recall... If it was something you wanted a reply about, let me know.. if not, I read it, but...... brain fart.

------------------

So, the tractor babe didn't work out... she was a hockey mom fanatic to the max (went to all home AND away games), and when she brought up hockey, I asked her what kind of game it was..... well, the wine was good and it did get me out of the house.

-------------------

So, I met Lois, then she dumped me... then we were back together. She is a very giving and fun mostly Italian woman..

I should have known better.. she is selling her condo/house, and I said it would look more homey with something on the porch.. so she said, she would buy a cheap 2 chair/table set and put it out there and when it sold I could move it to my porch for our use.. fine.

Then she called from work and said she had 4 minutes to order tickets to cirque du soleil, did I want to go, her treat... I said sure..

Fast forward a week and she said she had ordered some special hot sauce from Calif, the only kind she liked (Tapatio, to me, nothing special).. she took a bottle out of the fridge and handed it to me and she went back in the kitchen, from where she could see me via a large 'pass through' window... I took off the top, to see what it smelled like.. wanted to taste it but could not get any to plop on my hand, so put my tongue on the top of the open bottle.

Out of the kitchen comes this 125#, 5' Italian terror about 90 miles an hour screaming at me about being so pissed off at me and about the germs I had left on the bottle...

Silly me, I reminded her about how she likes to kiss, but she wasn't buying any of it.

Got dumped again........

Sent her a nice email and apologized and promised never to put the bottle in my mouth again, nor kiss her on the lips... I am back in her good graces.....

So, I got a dog that likes to snuggle, just in case...

You can tell if I'm on her $hit list by the avatar... If it is only me.. then you know.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby steve smoot » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Arne, that is way too funny...thanks for sharing....

Kind of reminds me of this story about a cop who took his date out in his patrol car and left the radio on so his buddies could listen in...they were having a sandwich, when he dropped his in the floor. He picked it up and wiped it off and started to take a bite, when his date screems "you are not going to eat that dirty thing are you?"...he says .."say sandwich, say sandwich..." :lol:
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby eamarquardt » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Arne wrote:So, I met Lois, then she dumped me... then we were back together. She is a very giving and fun mostly Italian woman..

I should have known better.. she is selling her condo/house, and I said it would look more homey with something on the porch.. so she said, she would buy a cheap 2 chair/table set and put it out there and when it sold I could move it to my porch for our use.. fine.

Then she called from work and said she had 4 minutes to order tickets to cirque du soleil, did I want to go, her treat... I said sure..

Fast forward a week and she said she had ordered some special hot sauce from Calif, the only kind she liked (Tapatio, to me, nothing special).. she took a bottle out of the fridge and handed it to me and she went back in the kitchen, from where she could see me via a large 'pass through' window... I took off the top, to see what it smelled like.. wanted to taste it but could not get any to plop on my hand, so put my tongue on the top of the open bottle.

Out of the kitchen comes this 125#, 5' Italian terror about 90 miles an hour screaming at me about being so pissed off at me and about the germs I had left on the bottle...

Silly me, I reminded her about how she likes to kiss, but she wasn't buying any of it.

Got dumped again........

Sent her a nice email and apologized and promised never to put the bottle in my mouth again, nor kiss her on the lips... I am back in her good graces.....

So, I got a dog that likes to snuggle, just in case...

You can tell if I'm on her $hit list by the avatar... If it is only me.. then you know.....

NO woman reasons like a man. Period. End of discussion. If someone considers this a sexist comment my reply: The converse is certainly true!

Not sure of your current status but she sounds a bit to volatile to me. My Suzy is pretty mellow (anyone who has tolerated me, my idiosyncracies, and illness for 36 years has to be!) but just so we're clear, she can maim and/or kill with even a brief glance of her evil eye!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Yay, Gus! That was a good comment! You seem to have been very, very lucky in at least one area: the spouse department.

The older one gets the harder it is to find the right person. It used to be quite common to hear someone say that they would never find a mate because they were "too set in their ways." It seems one almost has to find someone while still young and then sort of grow with each other.

...just my thoughts....
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby doris s. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 am

I'm in my late forties and all my friends are getting divorced and they say "When you getting divorced?" and my response to that is...
You think i'm going to start over with another crazy guy? I'm used to the one I got, we get along great and we've learned to overlook the crap that drives us both crazy. New guy=troubles, just different ones. Perfection ain't out there.

Doris
doris s.
500 Club

Postby Arne » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Reminds me of a doctor joke. He was going to retire at age 55, and his cohorts asked how he could afford to do it... his answer: One house, one wife...... I knew someone who married a younger woman second time around... she wanted kids... at 70, he was still working to put them through college...

S. Heisley wrote:The older one gets the harder it is to find the right person. It used to be quite common to hear someone say that they would never find a mate because they were "too set in their ways." It seems one almost has to find someone while still young and then sort of grow with each other....just my thoughts....

I thought it would be easier to meet someone in retirement, it is not. When young, everyone has lots of things to look forward to.. when my age, everyone seems settled in and likes it their way...

Lois and I had coffee at her place this a.m. I went to put coffee mate liquid stuff in my coffee. I had the lid open, and to shake it up I put my thumb over the hole and shook... it immediately hit me that, christ, I hope she didn't see that or I'd be out again... Luck was with me this time.

Last night, while having a margarita at a bar, she said she would never forgive me for the hot sauce thing... I told her she doesn't have to forget it, but she does have to forgive me... she said ok, this once, but never again... I suspect trouble down the road. I'm going to have to keep my hands in my pockets...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers