Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Redgloves » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Gee the guys are doing ok, I keep hoping to find a good guy someday.

:worship:

Jean
Geocacher, healthcare provider, mom and women with not enough common sense regarding personal safety when it comes to adventure outings!

Owner:
Uff Da Inn, a 2015 Camp Inn 560
Redgloves
The 300 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Hello, redgloves. how old. I an't got any one yet and at the rate I am gong i am going to be still looking when I am old. SLowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Redgloves » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:20 pm

49 years young, own my home, truck, teardrop (garage is full), fantastic health insurance, and a nice little dog.
Geocacher, healthcare provider, mom and women with not enough common sense regarding personal safety when it comes to adventure outings!

Owner:
Uff Da Inn, a 2015 Camp Inn 560
Redgloves
The 300 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 pm

ah to bad. I am a to young 35. with a need of a new country to live in so I can be successful bachelor. I come with 3 vehicles 25 cows. a horse a stock trailer. a combine a corn header and a dirct cut. a lack of experience due to never been married before. no kid to call my own and dogs and cats. oh yea a off road teardrop and a 2 boats. not much,, but if life changes in this country. I won't own anything to hold me back. Slowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Big Dan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm 46 but age has never been an issue with me.
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Matchmaking at the IRG 2012

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 pm

8) Hello all....I have lurked around on this thread since it began......and now I'll put my 2 cents in. Sitting around many a campfire on the west coast & in the State of Jefferson, I have mentioned more than a few times the availability & possibility of those singles camping with us getting together.

I have a number of single girlfriends/guy friends in the NW, who come to our gatherings, who fit the TD camping criteria. Seems to be number one with the guys, and I have successfully introduced them to the current TD lifestyle. Those of you who attended the IRG could attest to my efforts/attempts..... So, if any of you guys/gals haul out to the IRG 2012, come introduce yourself to me with your iintentions and I'll happily play matchmaker for you. I had a FUN time doing this at IRG 08 and 10, and at any other gatherings I've attended with singles looking for FRIENDship with potential.

Nanny's the name, and matchmaking is MORE than a Game! It's about building healthy, positive relationships with another individual who fully appreciates you and the lifestyle you've embraced. Keep in touch.
May our paths cross someday soon. TDN
Joanie :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Click on the icons below to see more of my neck of the woods.
ImageNanny's Niche' Image[img]
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Love to go to irg and get hitched up nanny.

one problem the girls would find out I live in wyoming and if they were not from wyoming. I would get dumped before irg was over!!

girls on online dating sites hate guys that don't live next door!

just my unforatned experances.

If I can get some way to make a dime before july

I would make a point to come just for the company and the gathering.

even if I was still not qualified to get hitched up becuase I live in wyoming far from all the single girls! Slowcowboy.

besides I own a 4 wide teardrop that doesn't appleal to a future mate. and its homemade and looks home built on top of that. I am not a square carpenter!!!
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Big Dan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:16 pm

No, not trying to pick up anyone. I,m here cuz I love teardrops and camping. When I first came to this forum I did'nt know about all of the gatherings you all have until I had read through some of the threads. I was suprised to find so many people who love to camp as much as I do. It would be great to make it to some events and meet alot of you and if miss right is in the mix, evan better. but not a priority.
Last edited by Big Dan on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:12 pm

8) Okay guys....it is billed as an International Event & we get folks from all over the states, especially the west, so you never know. And you will notice I put the emphasis on FRIENDship, cuz I believe you should establish that first before all those other emotions (& body parts) get caught up in the quest. Just to let you know, if you toss your hat into the ring enough times you'll eventually get something besides TRAMPled. :lol:
TDN (back to basics)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Click on the icons below to see more of my neck of the woods.
ImageNanny's Niche' Image[img]
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Big Dan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Why is the IRG only held every other year?
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Big Dan wrote:Why is the IRG only held every other year?

From what I hear Dan, it takes them that long to recover. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Dan and others, it is great you don't limit your age considerations.

Now guys if you poo-poo your state but you are staying there you will for sure limit your choices. Slowcowboy, ya gotta get some group going up there. Wyoming has a lot to offer folks who like the great outdoors. You are not after all looking for a city girl. You might be surprised at how many women would love to ranch with a partner who has a good attitude. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:57 pm

any ideas on starting a group miram. I amit I am bored could use some more friends out here to teardrop with and HEY.

I saw in lander on a street conor in the residentail section a teardrop! yes. it was like a reclaimed or restored old one or a very good new one. it was like alumom sides like a kit or something like that or a 47 moderneistic and had black fenders buble type and white side while tires.

mom and dad told me they claim they saw teardrops at fremont motors and toyota being sold in the back lot. I am going to have to check on that one.

I am pretty sure I am the only home made guy in the area. I would love to find a girl to teardrop with. I would even doing the cooking while camping. that I am not scared of. I amit I would problay have to build a wider teardrop but I am still eyeing that old hay trailer that would make me a bigger acutally 6 to 7 wide. and I plan to cut it down to 12 feet from 14.

have not decided. I got this tumble weed small house on the brain that the trailer might go into.

but yes. I think a group up here would be a great idea and we do have nice places to camp. a lot of out doors to offer and no crime low traffic and such. if a girl didin't mind a 10 to 15 mile cummute to town. I am not to isolated.

I just don't know what instrest I have here yet in teardrops are an clue on conctacting people and starting a group. not sure yet. but i do respect your idea miram and do like it and do feel its a very good idea for the future. I will be thinking on it a lot. thanks SLowcowboy.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:07 am

Steve_Cox wrote:
Big Dan wrote:Why is the IRG only held every other year?

From what I hear Dan, it takes them that long to recover. 8)

This is one of the answers, but not for the reason you might think, LOL
There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into putting this event on. It all starts just before New Years day and continues through the end of July. Doing it every other year gives the planning crew a rest. The IRG is done during the even years so that it doesn't conflict with the ITG (International Teardrop Gathering) in Minden Nebraska. It is also done every other year, but during odd years.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Big Dan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks Kevin. That make perfect sense. It looks like a great event and I can see how it would take quite a bit to organize. I love the red woods and hope I can make it down there some day soon.
Big Dan
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers