Any match-makers out there?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:22 am

Sometimes jokes are misunderstood or offense is taken. Seems the more people try to help the worse it gets. I hope everyone will remember we are here to share and have fun. We have a private messaging so we can keep misunderstanding from becoming a blow up. Good luck to all who are looking for companionship/love!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 am

Kevin A wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:
Big Dan wrote:Why is the IRG only held every other year?

From what I hear Dan, it takes them that long to recover. 8)

This is one of the answers, but not for the reason you might think, LOL
There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into putting this event on. It all starts just before New Years day and continues through the end of July. Doing it every other year gives the planning crew a rest. The IRG is done during the even years so that it doesn't conflict with the ITG (International Teardrop Gathering) in Minden Nebraska. It is also done every other year, but during odd years.

Here's the absolute real reason... It was some wise advise freely given to us from Jane Montgomery during IRG1.0.
Jane suggested we do the event every other year, so folks could plan a different vacation during "off" years to do other things, go other places and not feel like they were going to miss something if they had other plans or commitments and of course, as already mentioned, to not conflict with George's ITG events.
Thanks Jane, it was great advise... :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Big Dan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks Dean that also makes sence. I like your D.O videos on U-tube. Keep them comeing.
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Matchmaker thread hijack

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 am

:) Thank you, Dan, cuz we are really enjoying cooking 'em up.
Now, please, no more IRG thread hijacking here....back to our regular topic of matchmaking, and remember to play nicely together on this thread...
right Aunti M...? :yes:
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Click on the icons below to see more of my neck of the woods.
ImageNanny's Niche' Image[img]
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: Matchmaker thread hijack

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

The Teardrop Nanny wrote::) Thank you, Dan, cuz we are really enjoying cooking 'em up.
Now, please, no more IRG thread hijacking here....back to our regular topic of matchmaking, and remember to play nicely together on this thread...
right Aunti M...? :yes:
TDN

:thinking: :lol: You betcha cause everyone is a matchmaker at heart!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Blue, blue, blue. today. I am in the single blue mood. and I should not be complaing I know married life is not a cake walk. but I just feeling like geting married today and wished I could do something about it.

surely theres some nice girl out there that would like a guy that would pull up in a teardrop camper and hand her a bunch of roses!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosh, I have the single blues today.

slowcowboy. just blue.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

and then...

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:55 am

you'd live happily ever after and ride off into the sunset pulling your teardrop.

So Slow, your vision is obtainable. There's a partner out there for you, pardner, somewhere. Make it so, Cowboy.
Best wishes,
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Click on the icons below to see more of my neck of the woods.
ImageNanny's Niche' Image[img]
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby honeask » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:48 am

Slow, women just won't walk up to your house and ask if there is an available man in there. You have go out and mingle, maybe more than you ever have before. I know that throwing yourself out there is out of your comfort zone but maybe that's what it's gonna take. Consider someone a little older also, there are some great ladies out there. Don't assume they are all looking down on you, they may not be. Wyoming can't be as bad as you picture it or you would have already been gone. Everyone has a match out there, get busy, go look for her.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:35 am

WHERE??????????????????????

Slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:35 am

I don't drink or go to bars.

BIG PROBLEM

slow.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 am

heres the problem ladys.

I live in wyoming small population.

most women refuse to date a guy who is not a next door neigbor.

after like 6 or so years interenet dating is pretty much not working or a wast of time.

wyoming has limeted social events.

church is small and I am most the time the only one there my age.

I don't do bars. and I am not in college any more.

older women don't want to start a family and run when I mention wanting my first wife or kids of my own.

women in there late 20s and early 30s say your 36 and confuse that with being in your 40s.

a lot of women when you say farmer rancher say I don't want to be poor all my life I want someone that can shell out the cash so I can go to wallmart every day.

I have 2 divorced buddys and one remarred. I have one buddy in colorado. that is in the same situation and acting like he only wants a one night fix when he can get it.

I can offer a lot other than what I can't fix.

main problem is no place to meet a gal.

with the ecommy riverton is having less social events. and have cut back on that sort of thing.

most people my age are marred or on wife 3 and not wanting to be marred again.

my internet options are very very limeted. as wyoming does not use the internet to get married.

been stuck in this problem the last 10 years and have figured out when your hardly ever meeting new single girls in person that theres a problem.

I guess I have not figured out how to ask the lady behind the check out counter or the teller in the bank if she is single and interested yet.

slowcowboy. not wanting to die a bacholer.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 am

oh, yea. I am on the teardrop furum this moring as all the ladys online I was talking to figured out I am from wyoming and not there next door neigbor and dropped me like a hot potato last night.

so I am bored with no gals online to talk to so I am back where things are friendly and theres some really nice people to talk to and I am teardropping socializing it up agian.

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:47 am

Slow, here's an idea for you. When you see someone that you think you might like, don't look at whether she is married as she may know someone else who would be perfect for you. Simply ask her if she has a sister or friend who might be interested in dating. That way, it can't hurt to ask; and, even if she says 'no', that she doesn't know anybody, she may later think about it and come up with the perfect person for you. Also, if you ask someone who happens to like you, she may just blurt out: "I'm interested!" In addition, you’ll end up with several people helping to find the right person for you and you won't be doing all the looking on your own. :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm

thats a idea! sharon, never thought of it. thanks.

that one makes me stop and think.

slow. now to think off a test subject.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby TheresaD » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Slow... Trust me when I tell you that I understand what it's like to be single and not meeting anyone. It stinks. Not having alot of social outlets around your area definitely makes things more difficult. One thing that I would like to suggest to you and I hope you don't mind me saying it is.... Don't get ahead of yourself when you do meet someone nice. While I can understand that you want to get married and have a family, if you do meet a nice woman, take it slow and get to know her a bit before you let her know how much you want to be married. Give it a couple of dates and see if you guys click personality wise and if there seems to be a mutual attraction. If there is, then find out her views on marriage and children. Then decide from there if you think it's worth it to invest much more time. If you come right out on a first date and say that you're looking for a wife some women might get kind of spooked and think you're trying to rush things. Chances are if you're out on a date with a woman she'll be sizing you up as well to see if she can picture you in her future. You need to see if the chemistry is right before you can even think of whether or not she'd be a good wife. I'm sure you'll meet someone very nice. Just let yourself enjoy the dance a little bit when you do meet the next girl.
Here's another idea for you... Since alot of your in town outlets aren't producing many opportunities for you, why not think about going camping somewhere close to you. You have mentioned in some of your other posts on the forum that you often go off camping on your own or with a couple of buddies in the great outdoors in Wyoming. Give some thought to taking your teardrop to a local campground a few times where other folks will be. As you know from this forum, lots of women camp on their own. Who knows. If you go to a campground for a few days and take some time to stroll around and meet some fellow campers you just might meet up with someone very nice. If you do, you will already know that you have at least one common interest. You both like to camp. If you don't necessarily meet a single woman there you might meet someone that knows one. Some of the private campgrounds have activities and dances for the campers on the weekends. You never know who you might meet. Plus... it will give you good practice for meeting up with other campers when you go to your first gathering! :thumbsup:
Good luck in your quest to meet Miss. Right and take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in being alone!!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers