Gray Haired Sisterhood

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Gray Haired Sisterhood

Postby Maureenm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks ladies! I definitely have the Attitude, so color me silver :thumbsup:
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello ladies. Here is a new twist for this thread. I read an article today about giving up shampoo and conditioners. Use baking soda and vinegar to wash and rinse your hair. It stated that their hair was soft and silky. What interested me the most is it also said that their hair quit falling out. takes about 3 weeks to really see so I will be back in about 3 weeks and let you know!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Maureenm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm

If anyone is looking for this, there is a link through Trailerchix.
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:42 am

Ok, you don't put the baking soda and vinegar together, right? Wouldn't that make it boil like a volcano? :thinking: I didn't read the article so I'm just guessing here. Tell me more...I may want to try it this weekend.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 am

just use the baking soda to rub all through your hair then rinse. The article said some women didnt use the vinegar as a conditioner and some did. be sure to rinse well.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Eunice » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html

here is an article with instructions and info
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby byrdz1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I have tried it before, and it does keep your hair clean, and its cheap. I stopped becuase my hair got really dry. I would alternate between baking soda and vinagar on different days, and I didn't wash it every day. I have terrible case of the flakes, can't even call it dandruff it is so bad. Some day I am going to wake up and my head will just be GONE and I will finally have a white pillow case, though not for the right reasons. I gave it up because, well, I dont' really know, though using conditioner again was part of it.

My biggest thing about being gray is my eyebrows. I mean what the heck is up with that? It is like my eyebrows are growing hair that belongs elsewhere, and when I pull one out the crater it leaves practically bleeds. I dont' get it, the hair on my lip grows like crazy and only a few inches away nothing except for these LONG, weird, sitck straight out things. It is some short of sick joke.

:cry:
Just Remember, no matter where you go... there you are
byrdz1
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 pm

I am going to give it a try but decided to wait until after my trip to Vancouver Wa in June.....I am going to a family reunion. Havent seen them for a few years so will be interesting to see who is natural and who isnt!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:17 am

Graying naturally, no problem. I haven't colored my hair in forever. But the no-poo thing, no can do. I need my shampoo, conditioner and (most important of all) my Morroccan Oil.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

ok more info on the Morroccan Oil please. What does it do?
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Eunice wrote:ok more info on the Morroccan Oil please. What does it do?

Here's a link to it.

http://www.moroccanoilproducts.com/moroccan-oil-oil-treatment.html

About 2 years ago I decided to ditch the Hair Cuttery and go to a good salon. I hadn't had a really good cut in years. My hair was dry and frizzy and hard to do anything with, but it's also baby fine so too much conditioning just made it flat and lifeless. I wanted a short cut but I have cowlicks all over my head so that when it's short, and being so dry, it just wants to stick straight up in the air in some places (not in any kind of a hip or cool way).

So, I am complaining about all my hair woes to the hairdresser (who has been my stylist ever since, he's amazing) and he told me Morroccan Oil would cure all my hair woes. I was skeptical, and a little taken back by the price tag, but he put some on my hair and it looked and felt so good I decided to try it. I've been hooked ever since.

You don't have to use much, just a dime size puddle in your hand and rub it through your hair while it's still damp. It's an oil but the way it absorbs is amazing. By the time you get done rubbing it into your hair you won't even feel a single trace of oil on your hands. It doesn't leave your hair oily at all, just shiny and sleek and feeling wonderful.

You can only get it from a hair salon or online. A bottle costs $40 but it lasts for months. (4 - 6 months depending on how you use it,)
No, I don't sell it, don't own stock in it, or anything else. I just love it.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 pm

thanks for the info. Your hair in your pic looks great.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby Mloves2camp » Wed May 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Add another to the list! I'm letting my hair go too. I'm not sure if I'll keep it that way, depends. Mine is so silver, it's nearly see through. Made me look kinda bald. I didn't like that part. If I don't like it, I'm going back to color. I don't do bald! At one hospital where I worked, when they couldn't remember my name, they'd say 'the nurse with the young face & white hair'. LOL I've not been able to hide it since my early 20's. My brother didn't start getting gray until his mid 50's. Brat! I think it was his reward for having 5 little sisters & not killing us! He said it was safer going into the Navy during 'Nam, than staying at home with all that estrogen surging.

Maureen, wish I knew about those wirey eyebrows, too. (love your pic! I always think of Andy Rooney!) I'm getting some of those. I thought men only had that problem. I'm finding strange hairs here & there too. Oh - if you haven't tried Nair for faces, do! It's very fast on those fine lip hairs. Doesn't make it grow back darker, either. It does feel weird when you take it off though. It must take off all the dead skin too, I guess. Can't describe it, you'll have to do it. The small bottle lasts forever, it doesn't take much to do your lip.

I'm not sure I'd try the baking soda thing, I have dry everything. We used to use vinegar back in the day, before there was conditioner. Remember it started out with 'creme rinse'? You don't even hear those words today. I'm lucky in that I cut mine short & have enough body I don't have to do much but make it behave. I hate messing with hair, so I'm really happy I don't have to! Can't grow it long, then it gets stringy, but short it's great. I'll stick with short. My Mom likes it that way & it makes her happy. At 85, it's a good thing to keep Mom happy! I got the early gray hair from her, btw. Early Big M, too. I was a late bloomer who grew old earlier. No fair, I want a redo! (old as in arthritis, etc...gray is not old, it's just seasoned!)

My hair could be like a shiny TD or Airstream - you may have to fight the glare off my hair!
Marianne

Young at heart, the other parts, not so much.
Mloves2camp
Teardrop Builder

Postby Eunice » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Marianne keep us posted with pics as you let it grow out.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Postby nevadatear » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Bump! Got some new women on the board and thought I would see if theres were some fellow like minded grey embrasers out there! 8)
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers