Curtains or blinds?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Velcro

Postby southpennrailroad » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 am

tearhead wrote:I had trouble with half my velcro :? The industrial strength velcro sticks fine to the tear door and heat doesn't matter. But I discovered that the half that I had attached to the shade came unglued so I just replaced that with the kind that you sew on. People do say that they have velcro in year-round for other things--keeping their TV from moving around, hanging pictures, etc. without any problem in the heat. So I'd say it will be find for sticking to hard objects but you might want to get the sew-on kind for the fabric. Works best if you have a sewing machine but I'm sure you could hand-baste too, or even safety pin.

Believe it or not, I put velcro on my dash to hold my cell phone and ipod. The one velcro I put on, I used it to soon (tugged and pulled) and it now peels off with the phone. The ipod one I let up for a very long time giving the velcro time to hold and when I went to use it, it stays on the dash without pulling off. Time does matter. Will soon redo the one for the phone. Heat doesn't bother it either.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby rebapuck » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:36 pm

I've been giving alot of thought to the 3M Command strips. You can buy just the strips or the strips with velcro (labeled picture hangers). They hold well and will remove with no damage. Just be sure to remove slowly.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby T@Baker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I use the 3M containers and love them.

This one is my phone holder:

I think I've posted these before, so if you've seen them I apologize. :roll:
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Finally put up curtains

Postby T@Baker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Although the T@B has pull-down shades, I wanted some type of curtain with some visibility. Walmart had these sheers on sale for $8. They were 72" long. I was able to use the bottom portion for the T@B, using the bottom hem for the T@B's top hem. I don't like to sew, so I used the heat-fuse tape to make side a side hem. For fun I then added ball fringe trim and tie-backs.

I then used the top half of the curtains for our family room. lol

I used 3M hooks to hold my cafe rod, and then to make sure the rods didn't bounce out of the hooks I secured the rod to the hook with clear hair bands. Has worked great.

3M hooks. I used 3 per window.

Top half of curtains are in family room
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 am

Wife and I were in Walmart shopping for new sheets and a mattress cover for the teardrop right after it was built. We were taking it to Florida for my sons wedding. We turned around and there was a whole display of novelty towels. One had a lion setting under a palm tree. ( We are both Leos) It was an omen. We bought 2 and I went two isles over and bought some clip on cafe rings. I rooted around at home and found 2 screen door springs. We folded the towels exactly in half so the lion and the tree would show from either side and clipped on the rings slid them over the spring and screwed the spring curtain rod in place. The nice thing is while you can slide the rings open they will stay firmly in place otherwise.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers