Curtains or blinds?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Curtains or blinds?

Postby Christina » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Hello. My job for this month is to get some blinds or curtains up in my trailer. What do you ladies prefer? I like the idea of sunflower curtains, but I also like the clean look of blinds (they also close up out of the way). Or will blinds bang around too much while driving? Hmmmm...decisions. :thinking:

Also, what are the best screws to use when hanging up a blind or curtain? I don't want to damage the teardrop door.
Christina
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Seems a personal choice. I have curtains to match the quilt. If you want blinds and sunflowers you can paint blinds or may even be able to find some. There are anchors for the bottom of blinds so they won't get too active.

Good luck.

:thinking: Need new pictures. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Choice of coverings

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Curtains tend to retain moisture in the area where I live. They are also better if dual lined for privacy. Curtains are easy to wash and have a wide variety of colors, patterns, and choices of material.

Blinds give you a "broken" view out your window, or can be pulled all the way during the day. You can secure your blinds with a rubber band when traveling, or just pop 'em off and set them inside the trailer when traveling. Blinds are easy to wipe off when you want to clean them.

Your choice is what you prefer....many times I just remove the curtain and leave it off on my side so I can enjoy the view out the side.
TDN
:R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Hope you don't mind if I visit and give you my thoughts...

I had blinds in the Baja Benroy, and they let in more light than any curtains ever did. I am thinking about doing blinds again.

I went looking for a photo but couldn't find one... because I the blinds pulled up out of the way most of the time...

So I guess you'll have to use your imagination...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

You could try these

Postby tearhead » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 pm

You might consider shades like these I made--instructions at http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=30279&start=45

I call them "Roll Up and Tie Shades." Very easy to make and very practical. Washable, don't rattle, don't take up space, good for privacy. I hung them with industrial strength Velcro:

Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby planovet » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 am

Cindi made curtains for our tear.

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby stumphugger » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:20 am

I live out in the sticks. Buying blinds would take a trip to town and half a day. I had extra fabric left over from a previous project so hemmed it up and made curtains. For curtain rods, I bought those springs for wooden screen doors and hung them on cuphooks. Both of the latter can be found in our small hardware store. I like them. I also have a Damprid hanging humidity thing to help keep it dry inside.

I'd post pictures but don't have time to figure out how.
stumphugger
500 Club

Postby SandyD » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 am

I went with curtains too ~ and then made a screen for each door with the valance to match so I can open the doors during the day and still keep the bugs out.

Sandy
Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Christina » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:20 pm

tearhead...Bingo!! :lol:

The "roll up and tie" blind is exactly what I'm going to do. It's the best of both worlds. Thank you for the directions and thanks to all the ladies for the tips.

I have a tip for decorating a teardrop: Put up everything you want and take the tear for a ride, whatever ends up on the floor (or the bed) has to go. :R
Christina
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tearhead » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Post a pic when you get them done! Also feel free to p.m. me if you have any problems making them.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 pm

An alternative to blinds or curtains, I have Cabela's towel racks over both doors from which I hang jackets. Provides privacy and keeps the jackets handy. I slide them on the towel rack for less or more coverage. I also set my shoes atop the towel racks at night.

And sometimes I have a campsite that allows leaving the windows uncovered, which is my preference, and then I just put the jackets away.

Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:39 pm

hiker chick wrote:

Isn't it kinda hard, sleeping on the floor like that?

Mike...

P.S. You know I had to say that, right? ;)
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby hiker chick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Ha, yeah.

I'm minimalist. The uncushioned floor is so Zen.

Pics with the mattress were too far back in the album.

:lol:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:37 pm

I have had my Silver Shadow teardrop for just a little over a year now, but when I first got it, I was hesitant to put any holes for blinds, curtains, or anything in it. So, I bought some dense, and black tea towels and velcro, and created my own curtains this way. One part of the velcro on the tea towel, and the other on the glass at the top of the window. I still use them because the tea towels definitely block out any light I might not want, and they are easy to remove if I don't want them up. Easy to clean this way, too.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Although I'm a guy, I'd vote for curtains...not just because I have a fabric store....but it's a great opportunity to personalize your trailer with whatever you want, be it outdoor theme, sports, floral, fun or funky etc....just my opinion. Doug

PS...you can always change them down the road for a whole new look/theme if you want.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers