Little Fix-it Problems on my new 08 Silver Lil Traveler

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby bobhenry » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 am

tearhead wrote:Now I'm on a quest to find little canisters that will fit on the galley shelf but be less than 7 in. high

We carry a lot of spices and staple items ( Flour sugar corn starch baking powder ect.)

Vickie does a lot of birthday cakes for all the kids and uses a lot of .....

They come in a couple sizes .

We also clean and save the McDonald milk chubs for spices. There is a larger 24 oz bottle with a similar shape for larger quantities.

Total cost ZERO

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby tearhead » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi, Bob! Great ideas and I like your pantry with dropdown table arrangement! I hate throwing those milk chugs away, too.

Here are two other ideas I had that also involve recycling. We almost always have a big plastic container of mixed nuts from Sam's Club around, and the do fit the shelf--could use those, although they lack the cute factor. They'd last awhile I think but would be easily replaced, too, since we're nutaholics. Another idea is the 1 lb size red plastic Folgers coffee container. I'd have to drink a lot of Folgers, though!
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Pat, with the plastic paints those might be a good idea! :thinking:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Enough from me on canisters!

Postby tearhead » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Sorry for hijacking this thread! I pulled the trigger today at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and bought the stainless ones suggested by Miriam. Considering sizes, clear acrylic top, lack of breakability, ease of use of the latch (plus no danger of the lid popping off or being hard to open), and the cute factor, I decided they were a good value. Despite my previous reluctance to purchase a set where I didn't think I'd be able to use the big canister, a set of four was $19.99 and a single small canister was $10.99. I went willd and bought two sets. Forty bucks seems like a lot for nonessential items, but then (warning: rationale coming) since teardrops are so inexpensive compared to humongous RV's, and since we're still using our 30 year old coleman stove, I think it's reasonable to splurge on these very attractive and sturdy containers. They'll definitely outlast the Coleman. :woohoo:
Last edited by tearhead on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:34 pm

:woohoo: Pat you can always use the big ones at home or put them in the car. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Whoa--they all fit!

Postby tearhead » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Miriam, I'm shocked, but even the largest size of the Oggi set will fit on the top shelf of the Lil Traveler. I had been conservative in my measurements, I guess. So maybe I can take one set back now...
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Little Fix-it Problems on my new 08 Silver Lil Traveler

Postby kayaklover » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 am

I have had my lil traveler for several years and love it. It is a 5x8. I use a marine battery. The trim you are talking about has metal in it and can be pinched tighter. It is important to keep the water out so you may want to add a small bead of caulk around it.
I use my trailer so much I wore the tires out and just had to replace them. I got 2 Carlisle sport trailer tires for $138.00 for 2 at discount tire. It pays to negotiate there as my first quote was $190.00 for the pair.
I put some new upgrades on my trailer the past couple years. One is Camp-Inn's lights with the dimmers and red and white lights. They are great. Another is the water system that Camp-Inn uses. They installed the tank under the trailer and the acsess panel on the side with the pump switch in the galley. I love this system and use it every time I camp. It has a sprayer hose and can be used as a shower also. The dishwashing and mess is all ouside the galley.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers