Working on the Decor-Part One

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Working on the decor

Postby Backroads4me » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:56 pm

There's a moisture resistant, fluffy mattress pad under the denim. Yikes, the lens on my camera must be dusty :o

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Also got the denim sleeping pillow covers done and a throw pillow made out of that Route 66 tapestry fabric. The bed is really comfy with the two opened sleeping bags laid out like comfortors. Don't know if I'll have a chance to do anymore sewing tomorrow, but if I do, it's on to the curtains!

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby TESKELLY » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Awesome Tear. Love the interior.
:thumbsup:
TESKELLY
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary C » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 am

That is really cute and you are so talented. I love the rout 66. Because of your info I decided to change my route to California It will be exciting to travel the same route that my folks traveled and I grew up listening too I hope I can fit my top covers like you did with the mattress cover. I have lots of problems turning and moving while sleeping on some materials so I plan to get some of those silky sheets and just cover them with blankets. I will sew some pockets on the bottom to hold the sheets because tucking them I know is very hard. For warmth I am buying a single bed down coverlet. I am going to make a cover for it out of some of those new patterned duck. I am using sheets and blankets because I will be gone about 10 weeks on my Out West Trip and I don't think I could sleep in a sleeping bag for that long. Where did you get the water resistant mattress pad? I have been trying to think of a way to solve the moisture problem while camping and traveling.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 pm

It all looks terrific! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Backroads4me » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Mary C wrote:That is really cute and you are so talented. I love the rout 66. Because of your info I decided to change my route to California It will be exciting to travel the same route that my folks traveled and I grew up listening too I hope I can fit my top covers like you did with the mattress cover. I have lots of problems turning and moving while sleeping on some materials so I plan to get some of those silky sheets and just cover them with blankets. I will sew some pockets on the bottom to hold the sheets because tucking them I know is very hard. For warmth I am buying a single bed down coverlet. I am going to make a cover for it out of some of those new patterned duck. I am using sheets and blankets because I will be gone about 10 weeks on my Out West Trip and I don't think I could sleep in a sleeping bag for that long. Where did you get the water resistant mattress pad? I have been trying to think of a way to solve the moisture problem while camping and traveling.

Mary C. :)

Mary,

I got the mattress pad from the local Shopko store, I think you could order it from their website. It was on sale, 50 percent last week (at least in the store).
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 pm

I bought this one:

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Didn't have time (or the energy) to work on the curtains, so Bob hauled her out and washed her down. I added the bumper stickers---the "Geezer at the Wheel" refers to both of us :lol: I found the the license plate holder, the shady lady and the "eat, sleep, camp" sticker on the web. The other sticker is a TCTeardrop Company label. Originally silver, I spray painted the license plate metal green to go with the trailer. Which, now that we got her out of the garage and into the sun-----WOW, she really is GREEN :NC , pretty close to the color of an old Coleman camp stove.

That's Belle and Watson, our traveling companions.

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Maureenm » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:00 am

Ha ha, you want crazy green, check out my album. She was this color when I got her, and it sort of grew on me. So I ended up keeping all the colors on the wild side :shock:
Your trailer is lovely!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby deleted » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:38 am

LOVE your Route 66 pillow beside the picture. They really look fantastic together.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby indycamper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 pm

You're doing a great job on the decor. Love Route 66 - fond memories!
Sharon

I really need to re-retire one of these days.
indycamper
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 am

Hooray! I finally got the TD curtains done. After thinking about a few different options, then realizing I hadn't bought enough of the map fabric---I decided on piecing together that and the black fabric together. Had LOTS of that dark denim left, so used that as a black out (no shadow shows here! :R ) backing for each curtain panel. Curtains come to the top of the denim mattress (day use) cover. Bought some replacement web snap buckles and keepers, made my own tie backs with the black fabric. May take the rods down and spray paint them black (or bronze). I'm thinking I should have a black valance about the lenght of the the curtain's top black section, going all the way across. Hmmmmm, :thinking: Anyway, here's a photo of the curtains in progress and my mid 1970's old warhorse of a sewing machine.

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

Here's the finished product, open and closed. I'm thinking of putting something under the windows to hold things. I've got mesh holders (thank you, RioWilson for their availability info.) or possibly something I can make to place there.

My next big sewing project for the TD will be my loo/changing room project. Will have to wait until I can park the TD in the driveway and get my FirstUp 10 by 10 set up. I've got plans to incorporate a section of it for the room. Bought some blue/green cordura outdoor fabric (beautiful stuff, $3.75 :shock: a yard on Ebay), and am hoping my old Singer will be able to handle it (I'll buy lots of needles! :lol: ) My Walmart had boxes of Coleman replacement grommets (complete with setter) on clearance, so I snagged a bunch of those for this and future projects.
Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby deleted » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am

They look fantastic! :applause: Great inspiration. Are your windows tinted or were your photos taken at night? Just curious how much light really comes through the dark grey tinted windows.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Backroads4me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks Stacie. The TD was sitting in a dark garage, hence the really dark windows. They are tinted (came that way), and during the day you can't see in unless you're 6 inches or so from the glass. (You can see out fine from the inside though). NIght time is a different story though. I had Bob inside the TD, with inside lights on, holding my fabrics up to the windows, was hoping that just the map fabric with black fabric backing would do the trick. Nope, still too many shadow show opportunities for my liking :oops: , so I went with the new dark denim---total blackout!

Speaking of shadow shows, one time we were camped, and in the tent for the night (after 10p.m.-ish) when some goof rolls in to set up camp in the site next door. Inconsiderate, slamming vehicle doors, loudly talking and banging things, :x , but what got us the most was his lights. Don't know if it was his vehicle, or some other light,----but if it's bright enough to shine on our tent, so we can make shadow puppets on the opposite wall, IT'S TOO DAMN BRIGHT!!! We made shadow puppets for awhile, and then, since I figured everyone else in the campground was up due to his noise anyway, I yelled out "Hey, we're trying to get some sleep here". :twisted: He and his crew quieted down, maybe they didn't realize they weren't at home anymore :R
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers