Decorating my Plamor Trailer

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Decorating my Plamor Trailer

Postby Kathy53 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:01 am

I really didn't like the brown curtains or the brown cushion covers in my ole trailer. It was drab to me and I wanted color. So I now have pink curtains. Which I sewed even though I can not sew worth a darn. As you can tell with the unevenness of the curtains. I will fix that in awhile. I also made turquois blue cushion covers for the bottom cushion and a turquois print cover for the top cushions. Now I have some color. Added a flower arrangement I made. Now I have to make the curtains for the door. They will also be pink but will have the turquois blue ties to match the cushions. The front window will have turquois blue curtains. I made a pink cover for the cushion in the front of the trailer so I don't want pink curtains there. I want some contrast. I want to add a third color but have not decided on lime green or orange, both of those colors are in the print.

Everything is painted white except for the cabinet doors. I am thinking about painting them but I don't know if I should paint them white or add color to them. Or maybe I should leave them alone. I don't want it to look to busy.

I have come up with a name for my trailer for now though. My Albatross.

I would post pics but I do not know how. They are in my gallery though.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Re: Decorating my Plamor Trailer

Postby deleted » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:23 am

The colors are pretty. Definitely more fun than brown. Not that I don't like brown, but there's just something about these trailers that comes to life once they have a color theme. :thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kathy53 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 am

I figured it out.Image

Image This is not the pink cover I made

Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby Mary C » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:05 pm

WOW!!!! what a difference , It looks great. I wish I had the tallent to know what goes with what. Beautiful!!!

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Mary here's a little trick I used to tell people back when I used to sell women's apparel and, later, made websites: Find a wrapping paper, a print fabric in a fabric shop, or a bed sheet print you like and replicate the color palette for your purpose. It takes all of the guess work out of what goes with what because you'll already know they look good together! Then the only hard part is hunting things down in the same colors and shades (i.e. pastels, jewel tones, vibrant hues).
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rebapuck » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Word of caution. The pictures show you can see through those pretty pink curtains. That means, at night, with the light on, anyone can see in. Double up or line the fabric.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Kathy53 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Actually I thought of that. Afterwards of course. But mean while until I fix that I guess I will just have to do what I did in the tent. dress in the dark. But looking at the trailer at night is kind of neat with the pink glow. :R
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Curtains ought to be lined...the UV will fade out a printed fabric and tend to "eat" it up, + it does give you more privacy. Muslin is a cheap liner. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Kathy53 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:53 am

These curtains were a quick fix. I plan an buying some drapery fabric and have someone that can sew make me curtains. Same with my cushions covers. Would the drapes still need a liner? Probably for the protection of the material.
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Kathy53 wrote:These curtains were a quick fix. I plan an buying some drapery fabric and have someone that can sew make me curtains. Same with my cushions covers. Would the drapes still need a liner? Probably for the protection of the material.

Kathy, your 'quick fix' looks a lot better than what was in there originally.

While not financially practical, many people are now lining their trailer curtains with the same material showing on the outside as is used in the inside. They do that as a design feature/decoration. Really, a white, off-white, or a very light gray liner will end up working better because these colors help deflect sunlight and won't fade much, if at all. As Doug mentioned, they also give you more privacy. Yes, if you are going to want your curtains to last, by all means, line them. Go for something that is washable. Things get really dusty and dirty on the road and in the campground. Prewash the fabric, drying and ironing it before you cut your curtains out. Even fabrics that are labeled "washable" sometimes shrink a bit the first time that they are washed. When I made mine, the curtain material was 100% cotton but was marked dry-clean only. The liner material was marked "washable" I measured them and then washed them both, together, in cool water and dried them in a mildly heated dryer. Then, I ironed them both and measured them. They both shrank a little; but, the washable liner shrunk a full inch more than the dry-clean only material!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rebapuck » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:27 pm

On the subject of curtains...

I have my matching pretty curtains that I put up when camping, Then, when not, I replace them with a paint drop cloth canvas just to keep the sun off the upholstery.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby celticquetzel » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:27 am

Stacie Tamaki wrote:Mary here's a little trick I used to tell people back when I used to sell women's apparel and, later, made websites: Find a wrapping paper, a print fabric in a fabric shop, or a bed sheet print you like and replicate the color palette for your purpose. It takes all of the guess work out of what goes with what because you'll already know they look good together! Then the only hard part is hunting things down in the same colors and shades (i.e. pastels, jewel tones, vibrant hues).

Stacie, great idea. Colors are decided upon by industry annually. If you purchase all you decorating stuff at once it should match. That means if you get fabric at Joanns and a bowl at Hobby Lobby that are green, they should be close in shade, if you get them around the same time. Just a thought for those that like to have things coordinated.
celticquetzel
Teardrop Master

Return to Lady Teardroppers