GLAMPING?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: GLAMPING?

Postby deleted » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:44 am

". . . throw in some melmac and string lights and you're there, whether you want to be or not"

:lol:

To me chocolate, wine, and a very nice cheese are definitely part of the glamping experience. I'm thinking we should start a glamping rally, preferably in Sonoma where we can experience the Wine Road and the Sonoma Cheese Trail! We could go on tasting tours or bring the goodies to us. Not sure if there are any chocolatiers in Sonoma but if there aren't we can import chocolate from San Francisco and Berkeley where there are lots of great chocolate companies . . .

http://www.wineroad.com/
http://cheesetrail.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Cheese_map_2page_2012_cx.pdf

Becky can't wait to see pics of your new gear!

To everyone else it'll be fun to see how everything comes together for everyone!
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Verna » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 am

Did someone say "chocolate"????? And wine??!!

OK, since Maureen says there doesn't have to be a lot of frills, then I can do glamping!!! I'm afraid the decorating gene went to my older sister and not me. Simple red and white in the galley with a bit of Coca-Cola and IU thrown in, but nothing fancy. Red, white with a bit of blue in the cabin. It's still a work in progress. Maybe I can get some pics this week while camping. It's hard to get good pics in the garage....plus it's hard to make the bed well if I have to lay on the bed to make it!!

One big decorating problem is a wooden serving tray made for my teardrop by a friend. No place to put it in the galley so I guess I'll have to hang it on the wall of the cabin. The first holes in that pretty birch??? Well other than those two holes I drilled yesterday for 19" TV/DVD! And I still need to drill through the outside for the antenna.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 am

Verna wrote:Did someone say "chocolate"????? And wine??!!

OK, since Maureen says there doesn't have to be a lot of frills, then I can do glamping!!! I'm afraid the decorating gene went to my older sister and not me. Simple red and white in the galley with a bit of Coca-Cola and IU thrown in, but nothing fancy. Red, white with a bit of blue in the cabin. It's still a work in progress. Maybe I can get some pics this week while camping. It's hard to get good pics in the garage....plus it's hard to make the bed well if I have to lay on the bed to make it!!

One big decorating problem is a wooden serving tray made for my teardrop by a friend. No place to put it in the galley so I guess I'll have to hang it on the wall of the cabin. The first holes in that pretty birch??? Well other than those two holes I drilled yesterday for 19" TV/DVD! And I still need to drill through the outside for the antenna.

I'm hanging out at your place at the CRA. What's playing??
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 am

Verna wrote:Did someone say "chocolate"????? And wine??!!

A TV!?! Now, to me, that's glamping!
I just curl up with a good book, Kindle, or a book on CD.

About that wooden serving tray....You may want to wait until we see the pictures of your galley and inside. If we all put our heads together, we might find a way to store your tray without putting holes in your pretty interior birch walls.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Verna » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 am

Becky, bring your own DVD's!! I watched an old WWII movie with John Wayne "In Harm's Way"--I grew up watching those movies and in tribute of Father's Day, I watched it and loved it. While 19" seemed to be too large for a teardrop, it is perfect. I'm not sure if there will any TV reception at the CRA, but that's not important to me. I want to be able to watch DVD's when the weather is too cool to be outside.

Sharon, getting your "guys" opinion on the serving tray sounds great--thanks!!! I'll get some pics this week when she's outside.

Yes, a TV seems to be a luxury, but I'm planning a 3 month snowbirding trip to Florida in about 18 months or so. I'm sure there will be evenings when the weather will be such that I would rather be inside than out. I don't have a Kindle, not sure if I'll buy one.....we'll see. I do have "Kindle on PC" and "Kindle on iPhone", and I do have some books on there.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:02 pm

As promised, here is a picture of my new "Glamping" flatware and holder:

Here is a picture of the newly added cupboard door storage:

I was going to cut some foam for travel packing but a <lightbulb> came on. So, now, my potholders do dual duty and I have a place to store them, as well!

Adding storage on the door makes use of an inch of unused space (The ¾” width of the cupboard front structure at the opening plus the ¼” indentation area on the door); so, it only takes up about 2 inches of actual cupboard space. Yet, it will make access to the flatware very convenient.

The new cupboard door storage cost me nothing but time because it was made out of odds and ends that I had left over from the original build. Glue was a problem because all of it but the Gorilla Glue had dried up; however, the GG worked fine.

It may not be frilly or vintage; but it is colorful and practical and I'm reasonably happy with it.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm

It's perfect Sharon. A great use of leftovers, creative and practical. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks, Becky! :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Maureenm » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm

:thumbsup: Sharon! I love dual duty and space conservation!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Verna » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Practical is great, Sharon. Looks good and functional.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Stacie, wine, chocolate and cheese? Add some bread and there a the 4 basic food groups! We will be at Treasure island in oct this year. Feel free to bring some by. Becky, waiting and waiting for pics. You all have seen our tear, i have posted so many times. My husband read the glamping thread and said to ME, thats how we camp! We are looking for a new camp stove, and in addition to working well, it has to coordinate! No red stove for us, even if the camp chef everest is the best choice. Hmm i could paint it!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby deleted » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 pm

The Glampette and I will be at TI too! Maybe I'll go to Sonoma the night before and pick up supplies!

Sharon I love your cutlery and pot holder station! Well done :applause:

And wow on a tv! That's definitely a great luxury item to have.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks for the thumbs up, Maureen, Verna, and Stacie. I think I'm going to like that new storage area a lot. Finding the right utensil was the one thing that really bugged me on my long trip, last year, and the new flatware makes me smile. :)

Debbie, Randy is right. Your teardrop has wonderful ambience. :yes:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Chesse trail! I feel a road trip coming on. :twisted:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 am

You guys have got to try ChocoVine. "The taste of dutch chocolate and fine red wine." It's gooood.

FYI...My Texasware is red.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers