GLAMPING?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: GLAMPING?

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 am

You are certainly educating us on some of the finer points of camping, Stacie.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:09 am

Happy to share what I've learned! I've spent so many hours on the internet since last year reading all about the different ways to do things while camping I'm often like this :? by the time I go to bed.

The thing I've figured out is I want to be well rounded. I want to know as much about how to safely tow and maintain my trailer as I do about decorating it. And I want to learn how to do new things and think up new ideas of things I can build. Since I took a welding class (back when I thought I'd build my trailer) I've decided once I have it home I want to build a small, lightweight, folding, 4' wide, rear porch with a drop in wood floor and screen panels I can slide into slots so that Kitai can sit on the porch (rather than be tied out) when we're camped and I'm relaxing inside the trailer. In the evening it could even have mosquito net that drapes down from the awning to protect him from mosquitos. That's after I build my backlit cabinets for the interior, of course. :lol:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Captain Monkeyshines » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:02 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Okay, people (or should I say men?)! Time out on Glamping, here, for a second....:

Men, if you walked into a living room full of women would you apologize for being a man, expressing your opinion and joining into the conversation?

S.
Firstly, I did not and have not apologized for being a man. If you Ladies were indeed having a get-together in the living room, and I walked in, I would apologize for interrupting your conversation, excuse myself and slip away quietly....unless of course you all invited me to stick around for a while. Then, pour me a glass of wine and scooch over on the couch a bit.
S. Heisley wrote:It doesn't matter if you come from a family of four, one of each, most of us, if not all, would love to hear from any of you and you are welcome here.
I stick my nose and opinions anywhere; and usually, without apologies. So can you! The more opinions, thoughts, explanations, and jokes the better!

Apologizing is very kind; but, unnecessary. :) It's not like you're walking into the ladies restroom!

It's all good. :wine:

Okay...resume thread. :D

I do tend to stick my nose and opinions anywhere and everywhere. I usually dont apologize for it, unless I thought I was barging in unwanted to a conversation.

...and believe me, walking into a ladies restroom is not only embarrassing but the screams (from me and the ladies) can be deafening in that small of a space.
“When You're Alone”
When you're in the kitchen, you've got to behave
You don't put metal in the microwave
The knobs on the stove are “hands off” no doubt
And when you make toast, don't use a knife to fish it out!
When you're alone, when you're alone
You got to stay safe when you're home all alone.
When you're alone, when you're home all alone
You got to make sure not to die, or choke or burn the house down.
Captain Monkeyshines
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Captain Monkeyshines wrote:
I do tend to stick my nose and opinions anywhere and everywhere. I usually dont apologize for it, unless I thought I was barging in unwanted to a conversation.

...and believe me, walking into a ladies restroom is not only embarrassing but the screams (from me and the ladies) can be deafening in that small of a space.

:thumbsup: :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:08 pm

I bought a black and tan striped market umbrella to match my teardrop. And I have been collecting vintage Melmac dishes for it too. (Seemed practical to me because they are unbreakable and light.)

Would that be considered glamporous??
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm

If the people next to you have a plain black umbrella and are eating off of white dishes or paper plates then imo yes, you are glamperous! No, forget them. You are matching and vintage so you're glamperous no matter what your neighbors are doing :lol:

This is the funniest thread.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sabrown82 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am

Just popping in to say " I love this thread!"

Hoping to bring a little glam to my camping this year with the teardrop!
sabrown82
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mary C » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:03 pm

HI!!!! I imagine the first time I get out with mine. The construction really wont be finished. but glam???? I think it will be a long time till it gets to that point if at all. There are so many things going thru my mind. different colors, different textures and types of things. I will take the usual things for my first camping trip, everything but the tent. so i hope no one minds if I pick up on the how from them I know I will get it decorated but like my house it will be eclectic or (junkie) and comfortable. I look so forward to ladies glampout!

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:03 pm

sabrown82 wrote:Just popping in to say " I love this thread!"

Hoping to bring a little glam to my camping this year with the teardrop!

:thumbsup: I didn't expect this thread to take off the way it did; but, since just about anything goes with glamping, we'll see!

Mary C wrote:HI!!!! I imagine the first time I get out with mine. The construction really wont be finished. but glam???? I think it will be a long time till it gets to that point if at all. There are so many things going thru my mind. different colors, different textures and types of things. I will take the usual things for my first camping trip, everything but the tent. so i hope no one minds if I pick up on the how from them I know I will get it decorated but like my house it will be eclectic or (junkie) and comfortable. I look so forward to ladies glampout!

Mary C. :)

Mary, "eclectic" may end up being a sort of gypsy caravan style of glamping. That could be very interesting! ;)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:23 pm

I went shopping this weekend for "outfitting" the teardrop, getting ready for our first trip in 2 weeks. After trips to Target, Walmart, and Ikea, along with what I have already collected over the past two years, it's actually looking pretty darn glampy. I scored some beautiful, never used, old stock Texas Ware melamine dinner plates on eBay this weekend too, black (my colors are black and tan, with red and light green thrown in to give it some life), and some tan bread plates. The bowls are tan, the coffee cups are white and the rest is speckleware (with the primary color being tan). I got all my plastic bins and have everything organized and it fits like it was all made to go in there. My french press for coffee, new Coleman nesting cookware, Coleman cookstove, Coleman lanterns (2), red handled utensils, tan potholders, red dishtowels. It really looks pretty, while still looking clean and functional. Of course I also took care of some of the less glamorous items, garden hose, locks, cooking utensils, and such. It's so nice that it all gets to stay in the teardrop, all the comforts of home ready to go at a moment's notice. And in my own very humble, and pretty biased, opinion, my cabin rivals the finest hotel room for comfort.

I don't know if I am really "glamping" but this is definitely camping in pretty high style.
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby working on it » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Oldragbaggers wrote: I scored some beautiful, never used, old stock Texas Ware melamine dinner plates on eBay this weekend too
It's been along time since I saw "Texas Ware" mentioned. I used to live a few miles from their factory in Dallas, and all the families I knew used their products. Many had custom made dinnerware that they had designed and made for them, including my family. All that is long gone now, but I think it would be great to have some more custom dinnerware made...especially for "Glamping", or for whatever you can call that I'll be doing (certainly not "Glamping"). Just added: FYI : for anyone else interested in Texas Ware: After I posted this reply on Texas Ware, I remembered that the plant was on Westmoreland near Illinois, so I added that to my search info and came up with this, memories....http://dallashistory.org/phorum/read.php?2,9730
Last edited by working on it on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Oldragbaggers wrote:I went shopping this weekend for "outfitting" the teardrop, getting ready for our first trip in 2 weeks. After trips to Target, Walmart, and Ikea, along with what I have already collected over the past two years, it's actually looking pretty darn glampy. I scored some beautiful, never used, old stock Texas Ware melamine dinner plates on eBay this weekend too, black (my colors are black and tan, with red and light green thrown in to give it some life), and some tan bread plates. The bowls are tan, the coffee cups are white and the rest is speckleware (with the primary color being tan). I got all my plastic bins and have everything organized and it fits like it was all made to go in there. My french press for coffee, new Coleman nesting cookware, Coleman cookstove, Coleman lanterns (2), red handled utensils, tan potholders, red dishtowels. It really looks pretty, while still looking clean and functional. Of course I also took care of some of the less glamorous items, garden hose, locks, cooking utensils, and such. It's so nice that it all gets to stay in the teardrop, all the comforts of home ready to go at a moment's notice. And in my own very humble, and pretty biased, opinion, my cabin rivals the finest hotel room for comfort.

I don't know if I am really "glamping" but this is definitely camping in pretty high style.

:beautiful: It's good to hear you are so happy with what you've done. It makes all that effort well worth it, doesn't it!

By the way, word to any wise people out there: I was in a store where they sell those scrunchy bright green hoses the other day and saw that some were being returned. The sales clerk told me that they had been having problems with people turning the faucet on too much. It seems those shrinking hoses break under strong water pressure.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:57 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
:beautiful: It's good to hear you are so happy with what you've done. It makes all that effort well worth it, doesn't it!

By the way, word to any wise people out there: I was in a store where they sell those scrunchy bright green hoses the other day and saw that some were being returned. The sales clerk told me that they had been having problems with people turning the faucet on too much. It seems those shrinking hoses break under strong water pressure.

Sharon, I was considering getting one of those, but decided to check out the reviews and there were just too many people saying that after only a few uses they were blowing holes through the walls. They're not cheap either. It didn't seem to be worth the risk to me. I got the kind of hose that coils.

And I am extremely happy with the way my teardrop turned out. It is not as tricked out as many, but it has everything that I want. It's me!!
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Maureenm » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:14 pm

I had to pipe in on the Glamping, seeing as how I participate in more than one Facebook page on the subject. I actually only attend one "official" Glamping get together on International Glamping Weekend. Of course, I dragged a few of my teardrop friends along with me. We participated in some, but not all of the planned activities, and even hosted a Death by Chocolate dessert potluck. I took a couple of extra items to deck out my site, but not in the over the top way all of the super themed glampers do. Like teardrops, it's whatever suits you and says"you". Not a lot different than Teardroppers that collect a certain vein of vintage items. Most of the ladies have vintage trailers ( they need the space to haul all that stuff around,LOL) some are super girly and some are classics with era appropriate items in keeping with their trailer's year of origin. All fun and not always complicated.
Really, anything off the cold, hard ground is a form of Glamping to me, throw in some melmac and string lights and you're there, whether you want to be or not 8) :wine:
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 pm

That sounds like fun, Maureen. And, if glamping=chocolate then I am in!!!
Becky

Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers