decorating Grits

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

decorating Grits

Postby Mary C » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:10 pm

I have mentioned several times that I am not a decorator well someone decided that I should think about using a sorta cafe look. I when I was going to purchase material for the TD I ran into a friend and she gave me some bits and pieces of material . My daughter in law gave me some material a year and a half ago and then when I mentioned I was ready to decide on decorating my friend pulled two yards of material out to give to me. I did not pick out any of these They were picked for me YEA!!! So here is the beginning of my decorating.

118252 118251

115856 115090

I have the large piece my Daughter in law gave me that I am using it to make a little quilt. I will put pictures on here of it later.

I am thrilled that it seems that I now have decorating " done by friends" I have sorta fell into it. and I was so worried!!!

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: decorating Grits

Postby bonnie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Very pretty Mary!
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 pm

bonnie wrote:Very pretty Mary!

And, all the materials that were given to you coordinate with each other! :thumbsup:

I guess it was meant to be!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mary C » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:21 am

Thanks Bonnie and Sharon, I am now , today trying to come up with a simple quilt frame, but first I must clean up the living room so I will have a place to put it. I plan to use a simple quilting stitch and quilting pattern. Since the material has a square pattern I am just going to use it to quilt in squares. Now it is just going to be a little work here and a little there and quilt too. I will do the best I can on the quilt I am not into hand sewing so much. I still have to finish the shelves inside the cabin and to canvas the inside walls and ceiling :lady: . Then I have to put in a water tight floor. I still have a lot to do to finish but now that it is spring I can do it.

Bonnie how are you coming along on yours?

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Lady Teardroppers