My brand new teardrop - personalizing it!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: My brand new teardrop - personalizing it!

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:56 am

With tear #1 and tear #2 we did a weekend trip to a local state park about 20 miles from home as a shake down, find out what did not work. We are still working on things like what sort of containers to use inside the cupboards. One suggestion is to if at all possible come to a Tearjerkers gathering, it is one occasion where you can see what others have done. I have long said plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery and I have a number of ideas that came form various gatherings, i.e. using extension paint poles for tarp supports.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby dreamofcolors » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:With tear #1 and tear #2 we did a weekend trip to a local state park about 20 miles from home as a shake down, find out what did not work. We are still working on things like what sort of containers to use inside the cupboards. One suggestion is to if at all possible come to a Tearjerkers gathering, it is one occasion where you can see what others have done. I have long said plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery and I have a number of ideas that came form various gatherings, i.e. using extension paint poles for tarp supports.

YES! I definitely plan on attending a tearjerkers gathering. Unfortunately, work conflicts with everything my local chapter is holding, but I think it's the Pennsylvania (10 or so hours away) that has an event planned when I'm actually free. Life in the theater is tricky, cause the show much go on and I have to be there for it to happen.
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby minstrel » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:26 pm

I, too, have just purchased my Teardrop and am working to make it "mine." At my age, I decided to go ahead and keep as many creature comforts as possible.
That includes a featherbed on top of the memory foam mattress, a down comforter, AC, chintz curtains, a microwave, blender, a Keurig, and Bailey's Irish Cream for the coffee! :D I found this great paint-by-number in Country Living magazine and ordered it. Thought it would be just tacky enough and kitchy enough to hang beside my door....Check it out. http://www.easy123art.com/countryliving. Have fun decorating!
Liz
minstrel
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers