My first trip!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: My first trip!

Postby ZugZug » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Inspired!!!

That last shot, with the fire and the book, just looks like bliss to me. I love sitting around a campfire late at night.

Good on you !
ZugZug
Teardrop Builder

Postby dreamofcolors » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:30 pm

ZugZug wrote:Inspired!!!

That last shot, with the fire and the book, just looks like bliss to me. I love sitting around a campfire late at night.

Good on you !

I bought my kindle for the beach in the summer time, but with it's internal light, I think it's going to be my very favorite camping accessory! I love to knit, but I need light above or behind me to see my stitches and a headlamp ruins the camping mood so reading it is!
dreamofcolors
Teardrop Builder

Postby mcspin50 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:24 am

Congrats on your new teardrop and your first outing!

dreamofcolors wrote:The first night it hovered around freezing at night, but I was fine. The second night I slept with my windows open and during the day it was 80! Today it's rainy and 40 degrees, so I lucked out on the weather a few days ago.

To take the edge off those cold nights, I use this little heater. I just set it on the shelf below my TV/inside cupboard. No worries about something catching on fire as it's cool to the touch.

I finally finished my teardrop last summer and got to take it out a few times before cold set in. What works for me when getting ready to go camping is I plan my meals first. I pack a plastic bin of dry foods needed and put the items that need to be kept cold in a plug-in cooler, unless I know I'll be staying in a non-electric site. Then I'll freeze milk cartons of water to act as ice in a regular cooler. Cooler and dry foods get stored in the car at night. I'm kinda anal about that ever since I had a bear visit my campsite one night. :shock: :frightened:
What dry foods that don't get used that trip just stay in the dry foods bin for possible use next time. I have small jars or containers of staples like sugar, pancake mix, flour, oatmeal, oil, nuts, seasonings in the dry foods bin ready to go every time.

Happy camping!
Lil M.
In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks. - John Muir
Generic Benroy Build Journal here - My LilScamper Update Journal here
The Lily Pad...Image My LilScamper...Image Image
mcspin50
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers