Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: Bob's caboose build

Postby godskid » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Looks cool, Bob!
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:45 am

Well the bushy tailed tree rats have struck again. It appears they have broken thru my red pepper defense line after 3 months of silence. They have managed to eat the feed line to my ceiling fan. Ceiling is finally fully sealed up and ready for the tile ceiling and now I get to undo my work to look for the eaten feed wire. :x

I did get the 30K BTU Mr Heater ventless fire place fired up after vacuuming it out as a maintenance precaution. It was 40 and damp outside and 46 in the caboose. I set the burner on 2 of the 6 burner selections and in 45 minutes the interior was a very comfortable 72 degrees. I pressed a box fan into service since the ceiling fan is currently out of service and evened out the heat in the interior, After the 45 minutes I simply shut the heater back off to avoid overheating.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:51 am

Well I am about to breakdown and do away with my tiny 20# LP tanks. I decided after getting the OK from the landlady to get a "real" tank for the LP. I went to the "GYM" last weekend by grabbing a mattock style pick ax and started a 52 foot ,12 - 14 inch deep ditch for the new gas line. Unfortunately it crossed the path of my monster electric cable so I was a bit nervous about locating it so I dug very gingerly in the suspected area and finally located it without a scratch. I also dug a recess in the ground for 4 concrete blocks at two different piers to place a treated timber on to rest the tank feet on. All in all it was two very short days of digging two hours here and 2 hours there but it is done and the two pads are dead level front to back side to side and level with each other. ( that feat took a bit of doing ) It has been two weeks since I got the account with the supplier and one week since their site visit I am starting to wonder if their delivery service is as slow as their installation. :NC

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Yeah, that fer shure counts as several gym sessions! Good going!
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Well guess what I got for Christmas....... A 320 gallon propane tank ! Well at least the caboose did! I spent a few hours yesterday modifying the gas lines to be able to run the new lines from the caboose to the depot and the she-shed. I took the dual tank set up and temporarily installed it for the she- shed ( shop) The internet guy will be here on the 7th and I will be able to use my own setup instead of borrowing time at the neighbors. Sat down and made my " new year resolution list " actually it is goals for completing the tiny house compound. I am only at two pages so far :) :) . It is a disease it will never be cured :) :) :)
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:42 pm

THEY SAY I WON'T RUN OUT TILL THE 4TH OF JULY :D
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby ParTaxer » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:44 pm

I admire your determination!
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:57 pm

One thing I worked over on FB was mouse proofing an RV, there area LOT of myths including Irish spring soap (they will eat it) and dryer sheets (they use it for nesting material. One individual mentioned stainless steel rodent mesh. Used it on our tear and our house. and for the first time, no mice.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby ParTaxer » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:51 pm

How is that used. As a deterrent or a trap?
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:23 am

ANYONE REMEMBER THE AT&T WAR.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 am

Well being a total dumb ass I thought what the hell a third try will surely work out. The price was right and the rep I talked to seemed to have it all together. We went thru the entire history of my war with the September of 2019 attempt to install my TV and internet. TV was working if you didn't mind looking at that birds nest "professional" installation. I waited and waited for "that other guy" to drop by and install the internet half of the project. Days turned to weeks weeks to months and yes even years to years. Many and varied excuses surfaced and bills for my TV service arrived one after another compounded with late payment fees and the like. It rolled to $800 something plus and I responded to each collection attempt with I will start my payments when the entire contract is completed by installing my internet half of the total package. Collection attempts followed from third party collection agencies and I told the story from notes with dates and entire content of the conversations. The attempts finally stopped and nothing more was heard. WELL today was the day once again to get my internet finally installed 1/7/22 between 8 and 11 AM. Well yet another excuse has surfaced the installer tested positive for the bug so we needed to reschedule. Sure was surprised that AT&T only has one installer :NC
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TimC » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:16 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:One thing I worked over on FB was mouse proofing an RV, there area LOT of myths including Irish spring soap (they will eat it) and dryer sheets (they use it for nesting material. One individual mentioned stainless steel rodent mesh. Used it on our tear and our house. and for the first time, no mice.

For mice I'm trying a product I just heard about. My brother swears by it. I hope I am not swearing AT it come spring. "Fresh Cab" rodent repellant. It smells rather nice, like balsam fir and cedar. Supposed to repel the little bastages. we'll see. Found it at Tractor Supply. Not cheap but if it works great. One plus, it does not smell like dryer sheets. I am so sick of dryer sheet smells. That smell reminds me of baby butt wipes back in the day. I associate baby wipe oder with the baby wiping task and cannot stomach it at all. :frightened:
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 pm

WELL AT&T dropped the ball again. This time there are too many trees on the site to access the satellite needed to get my internet. Taking it to a supervisory level and hoping for a second (or is that 3rd , 4th or 5th ??? ) opinion.

Meanwhile here is my first big project of 2022. My little coat hanger. I don't have to throw it on the floor anymore ....

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TimC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:24 pm

bobhenry wrote: ...My little coat hanger. I don't have to throw it on the floor anymore ....

Wait! Don't you have any chairs to throw it on? :lol:
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 am

Well the second huge project of 22 is installed and ready for paint or stain. This little void was driving me nuts. I hate wasted space in a tiny. So I decided to build a 6 wide by 28 tall by 12 inch deep cabinet with center dividers to house 4 cast iron skillets. I moved the coffee mug shelf and retired the utensil carrousel to make room. It was designed leaving just enough room to form a garage for the 2 cup coffee maker. I promise I will snap a picture today. Here is where it was installed.

Last edited by bobhenry on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels