Small Footprint Living

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Small Footprint Living

Postby Tiki Dude » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:43 pm

I have started an new blog http://smallfootprintliving.blogspot.com/ so I can share my projects as well as resources for many other small footprint living ideas and projects. It will be a resource page as well. Enjoy
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby dreadcptflint » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Good stuff. I put a mention in my Livejournal. I have a few friends that are very interested in that lifestyle. :thumbsup:
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:48 pm

You really like living on the water, eh? 8) :D

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:40 pm

having been forced to uproot myself, I have looked at a 680 sq. ft. house.. too small. I am now looking at an 800 sq. ft. house that fits my needs. adequate living room for up to 4 to sit comfortably... the kitchen is kind of a galley but very functional.... one bedroom big enough for my water bed.. second for office. extra room perfect for building my airplanes. has a garage big enough for bench, tools and minivan... have to store tear outside (more about that later if I get the house)..... the utility room (not closet) has about 80 sq. ft. of storage... very nice all in all... has about 1/2 acre... taxes are 70% of everything else I've looked at 2600 vs about 3800.

the only downside is.... resale... but I figure if I'm healthy for another 10 years, I'll save close to 50k over alternatives, and then screw it.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Tiki Dude » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Yeah Mike,

Houseboat living is like living on waterfront property at a fraction of the waterfront property costs. :D

Thanks for all the good comments.

Chris
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Arne,

I'd love to have a tiny house that size.

When I had an apartment, it was only 500 sq ft., but it shows what can be done with that small space.

And the heck with resale value. It's just for you (and 3 other adults)!

Mike...

P.S. You'll find a lot of people who think like you on this forum... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby tearible » Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 pm

My lil home is 738 sqr feet (per appraisal district). It's a tiny 1br\1bath ranch house on a 5,300 sqr ft lot with a carport, and garage (for the TD).

It has some built-ins (small shelves, closets, chest-of-drawers, ironing board) that make for fairly efficient use of the space, but I do myself drawn to dual-purpose furniture with storage underneath.

Sometimes I think it'd be nice to have a larger two-bedroom place, but this one is fine for now and the utilities are very low. I don't mind posting some interior pics if anyone's curious what another smaller home looks like.
"Roads go ever ever on..." -Tolkien
tearible
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Sun May 03, 2009 6:43 pm

Yep, go ahead and post some pictures. I'd like to see them.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mdvaden » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:24 am

The blog is nice.

I use wordpress myself. The blogs are such a streamlined way to refer to content, sometimes better than just posting photos from webshots flickr.

The small red trailer reminds me of park model homes.
mdvaden
Teardrop Master

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels