tiny "BARNS" on wheels

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Went looking for some graphics ideas for the chuckwagon, what do ya think of this one ????? :thinking:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TimJones » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:51 am

I like that. Would it have color
Tim and Judy
------------------------
TimJones
Teardrop Master

the chuck wagon an barn at the CRA

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 am

Well we did it, without pulling the combo more than ten feet we hooked up Thursday morning and took the "Train" to the Crossroads of America gathering. Here are a few shots......

here we are packing up the site.

hooked up ready to roll

goodby McCormic's creek
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby droid_ca » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:22 am

congratulations :thumbsup: on you successful adventure :applause: :applause: :applause:
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Some times being lucky is better than being good. We placed the 10 x 10 first up over the chuckwagon for shade in the heat at the CRA. The pop up just by luck exactly covers the 4' wide trailer and two 3' bat wing tables. The trailer with hatch up is just over 8' leaving just under 2' additional walk area. In a rain situation all could be covered with rain fly sidewalls. It was certainly nice to have a place for everything. The 4 bays were well utilized we had one for dry goods and the water tank. One was exclusively for the cast iron all protected with a 1" foam floor and foam dividers and all rode well. The coolers were nestled in their foam insulated bay and the junk bay was great for all the little things that get misplaced. The basement stored the 2 bat wing tables a camp chef dutch oven table and the wash basins. Everyone had a place of their own.

Last edited by bobhenry on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby droid_ca » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:31 pm

I just love the looks of that little barn on wheels I might have to borrow a few ideas from that one for the buggy that I'm going to make it just seems to fit the profile for what I want to do and how you used a lot of found supplies makes it all the better .... how much would you say you have invested into that one I'm wondering if I could do one non insulated for a cheep price it wouldn't need signal lights or anything I don't think cause it would be used for parades and what not and the community is pretty good about stuff like that :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:38 am

droid_ca wrote:I just love the looks of that little barn on wheels I might have to borrow a few ideas from that one for the buggy that I'm going to make it just seems to fit the profile for what I want to do and how you used a lot of found supplies makes it all the better .... how much would you say you have invested into that one I'm wondering if I could do one non insulated for a cheep price it wouldn't need signal lights or anything I don't think cause it would be used for parades and what not and the community is pretty good about stuff like that :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

If memory serves me correct 250 in the use trailer 400 in lumber and about 200 in glue. paint. aluminum for roof.fastners, ect. in the box. There are electrical cabinets fixtures counter tops and many other improvements inside that added to the final cost.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:43 am

slowcowboy wrote:How did it tow bob???????? just off the top of my head. looks like you took the hole kitchen! just joking!!!! sounds like you had a blast and its working out great!!!!!!!!

I bet with your chuck rig the food though was fablous to die for.

Slowcowboy.

Hep Mike it truely was the whole kitchen and it was damned convenient to have it all where you can get to it. As to towing it pulled like a train on rails. Coming home I was exhausted and literally fell asleep at the wheel so we did a few seconds of off roading and even then it was mild mannered and followed along dutifully. This was a very special gathering and we were loaded far beyond the max and yet it pulled fantastic.

As to food we made a lamb and roundsteak "Gyros roast" , a root beer cobbler, and ( hold on to your shorts) home made ice cream in the dutch oven.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby 101camper » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:41 am

Here is a small barn on wheels that was the sales office for a Christmas tree sale. I was not able to see the inside as the business sold out and closed up early this year.

Denise
101camper
Gold Donating Member

Re: tiny "BARNS" on wheels

Postby PcHistorian » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 pm

well, that answered one question. if you were going to do real shingles on the roof. though you could probably just paint them on if you wanted to. Or one of those barn roof sayings, like smoke or chew or eat, some special brand of sumthing.
Elf Cottage

Build Documentary
https://sites.google.com/site/pchistorian/home/hobby/camping/elf-build
Build Forum
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Build Album
http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=42

progress is progress. (don't look a gift "progress" in the mouth.)
PcHistorian
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Well , I thought I would drag the tiny barn thread out of the weeds. I Took the barn out of state to transport an antique china cabinet to my son in Tennessee. So I have two more states to brag about the barn being in (Kentucky and Tennessee). Somewhere around 900 miles this weekend and it followed along dutifully all the way.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 am

Haven't been back here for a while......

This post just goes to prove these little trailers are never done. We went high tech for the 2013 CRA gathering and added a little fridge.

We even took time to vacuum the wall to wall carpeting in the living/bed room :lol:

Had a lot of junk stored in there didn't I :oops:

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby PKCSPT » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:37 am

One of my all time favorites, so much fun factor built in,
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:47 am

Knocking some dust off of this old thread ! The barn is about to become part of the protest about Clinton county Indiana zoning. The weather is starting to moderate and I am still working almost across the street from my tiny house property. You may remember I purchased the property to be able to live in my tiny house close to work to cut my 50 mile commute to less than a mile that I could bicycle if I wanted. However, this didn't align with THE CODE and I was fined and threatened with jail if the tiny house was not removed. Well I now have a ready supply of fire wood gathered up, and since I am allowed to "campout" on my property I intend to do just that. It will give me time to mow and groom the property a bit and trim up some of the shaggy lower tree limbs. I sure hope the zoning czar breaks his neck looking as he drives by.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:27 pm

EIGHT YEARS Man where did that decade go. I can not believe I started the barn build in spring of 09! I got a serious nibble on buying the barn. If they follow thru it will have a new home. May have to dust off Chubby the lexan roofed teardrop for the fall gathering. :beer:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Previous

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels