Bob's caboose build

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: Bob's caboose build

Postby Philip » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:11 am

bobhenry wrote:Two out of 3 done. I now have a nice axe, shovel,hoe,garden rake, leaf rake and mallet added to my tool collection and the signs are up and the driveway chained.
:roll:

Ass holes ! :x

:thumbsup:

To bad all those items lead into work instead of play. :lol:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:44 am

I "remember" inasmuch as I read your tale a couple years after the fact when I started lurking around here. It was like reading a horror novel! I could hardly believe the words in front of me. Some folks (particularly those in positions of authority) just have so much stupid packed into their skulls there is little they can do to prevent it from coming out and making a horrible mess.

So, is that a Coleman stove I see sticking out of the junk pile? :twisted:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:58 am

Good eye Rob. Yep it was one of the old pump up white gas ones. I passed it up and left it behind. I think I have 4 or 5 right now and most are propane.

Yep almost 6 years have passed I have had to call the county sheriff 3 times to defend the property from invasion. It has been used as the city dump annex, an overnight auto motel, and now a hobo camp. Sure would have been nice to have it all sweet with my new setup. The nose high weeds would by now be a very nice lawn and as the property was just annexed to the city that action promised sewer and city water tap in at NO cost to the property owner. I am quite happy where I am but the fact I was not allowed to utilize the property I fought so hard to get still frosts me !

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Gold5one » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:36 am

The Caboose paint job looks good.
Can I put up a sign at the hobo camp- that reads- warning, Biohazard, Zombie contagion zone?
Buggers be gone!
"the slow road has the most adventure"
Mark

2022- Trek Freedom camper- journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74522

Weekender-XL build journal
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61445
sold-2018
Gold5one
Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:45 pm

:lol: :twisted: :thumbsup:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:56 am

I think it was the 2012 fall gathering Verna gave me this little fold up table. I am happy to announce that yesterday 11/27/2020 I actually got it mounted to the wall of the caboose as a lift up and drop down wall mounted table. I mounted it in the office right in front of the garden window. It will make a great extra prep counter as well as a dinning table. A 3 foot section of oak and a piano hinge were the answer. Took me all of 45 minutes to design and install it. This is the 2012 picture and exactly where it wound up. I will snap a new one today. :D

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:45 pm

the new oak support board and piano hinge :o

up ready for use ! :D

folded against the wall out of the way ! :thumbsup:

As you can see the mounting board also act as support when in the upright position. :thumbsup:

A special thanks once again to Verna ! :lips:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby NevadaBlue » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Bob! I always enjoy your posts and this is no exception. Nice work! :D
—-
Ken
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:19 am

WELL ANOTHER MINOR TWEEK...... My vent hood seemed to be a bit weak in my opinion. My first thought was a decorative chain on the nose that ran back to the wall at an angle to support the nose. Well I thought that would be a wasted space that might just prove to be a great place for a nice little shelf. So I went thru the scrap pile of un-loved un-purposed lumber scraps and found two triangular cuts that I had been toying with using for supports for the table when in the up position but didn't like the idea. They found a new home as inverted shelf brackets for the shelf. A couple short screws thru the nose of the vent hood and now it is rock solid. I had this little spice shelf for ever. I think it was a $3.00 find at a yard sale in the late 1980's. Well I decided to see if I just might get lucky and it may fit. Had to drive it in place with my fist but it JUST fit. Let me find my camera and I will be right back with a :pictures:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Spent a 48 degree december day installing a shelf enclosure under the fridge freezer and stove for extra storage and did a lot of clean up. Took great pictures and the computer does not like them . Any one know how to post ".mov" type pictures this is the second time this has happened and I am not doing anything different ???? :x
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Doesn't .mov mean movie? As in, your camera was taking 5-6 seconds of moving footage. That's a lot bigger than a single still photo.

If it's an iPhone, inside Camera, press PHOTO instead of VIDEO or SLO-MO. Somebody else will have to answer for Android.
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Well I finally conquered the picture thing ! Here are the pics I was trying to show

Image A drawer repurposed from a damaged dresser. I cut it down to fit in the 8 inch deep space. It became home to the foil and parchment rolls and the freezer bags.

Image I had left a safe space between the oven and the wood surround. I just found out it will store two 8-9 inch skillets on one side and a selection of pizza and cookie sheets and muffin tins on the other :D

Image I have had this drawer for silverware and larger utensils forever finally snapped a picture . :oops:

Image I invented a merry go round for my every day utensils :beer:

Image I even found a space for my 8" cast iron
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:26 pm

That all looks great!!
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:09 am

Well it is out with the tub and in with a short dresser and some new more slender rolling doors for the potty area privacy. Pictures are forthcoming but later :(

I will be adding an out door shower in the spring and my big ol 6 foot claw foot tub will get a spot on the patio "platform" in the spring also.

Been busy inside hanging the new roller door track and general clean up and reorganizing. Winter is here and had to get a couple outdoor chores done while the temps were teasing the 50 degree mark.

Added a bank of full view doors to the tractor barn to keep out the snow.(not quite done in the photo ) The landlady's prize mustang will get tucked in the loafing shed for the winter. I added a tarp drape in the second bay of the shed to allow the driver door to open and then drop the tarp to keep out most of the winter. Never did get the wood stove remote building fully hooked up but there is always next year. I will probably get a larger propane tank to allow the use of the little heaters with less hassle of changing 20# bottles every few days :x
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:28 am

Here are some of the cabinets I have recently stolen out of my house in a house project to fluff up the caboose storage choices!

The stacked corner cabinet will add a lot of storage in an otherwise wasted corner and the little medicine cabinet will get a place for all those necessities of life a place of their own.

These pictures are in the little bath area in the " house in a house" I will be getting new shots of their new home in the caboose very soon !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels