Bob's caboose build

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: Bob's caboose build

Postby GerryS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:17 am

It's going to be fun to watch. I hope it works out for you...

I think the log cabin law is your best bet....it's been held up recently and with extreme prejudice, so the law is strong....

I assume you've ran into indianahomestead.com?
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:59 am

Gerry You are exactly correct. How I stumbled over it I can not begin to explain but the 3 court documents that accompanied this site were very interesting reading.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:27 am

ConAgra Foods Plans 1.6 Million-Square-Foot Distribution Facility In Frankfort, Indiana

and guess who's postage stamp lot is in the way :woohoo:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bonnie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:48 am

Well, that puts a whole new color on things. 8)
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Bob's caboose build

Postby Verna » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:50 am

You found it, Bob!!! You'll get electricity and sewer yet....at a different location, moved at someone else's expense....maybe!!
Last edited by Verna on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby pjo129 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 am

That's great news! More prayers going your way.
Pete Olson
Newburgh, IN

"Patrol Box" camper build thread http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55583

It's only dumb if it doesn't work.
pjo129
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:01 am

Bob your "Goodwill" fortune has struck in another way. Make sure they know how much you had grown to love that small lot, and how you planned on living into your twilight years on it. Glad to hear it may work out better then you hoped. The town may now have it's undies in a bunch since the tide has turned on them. What will they do about fines for it sitting there. They still have the right to enforce that. May be time to think about parking it some where else till this gets resolved. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:20 am

Woodbutcher wrote:Bob your "Goodwill" fortune has struck in another way. Make sure they know how much you had grown to love that small lot, and how you planned on living into your twilight years on it. Glad to hear it may work out better then you hoped. The town may now have it's undies in a bunch since the tide has turned on them. What will they do about fines for it sitting there. They still have the right to enforce that. May be time to think about parking it some where else till this gets resolved. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

If Bob's property is on the radar they will use every under handed dirty trick in the book, and if that fails they will write new ones.

Here in California the slime balls in Sacramento amended the Eminent Domain Laws to include that if the current tax base could be super-ceded by a new owners/tenants that they could seize the property for the general citizens benefit. :thumbdown:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby alaska teardrop » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Good luck, Bob.
Maybe you'll come out ahead & with even a better place to plant your home. :thumbsup:
Adding to the advice of others, be aware that the city council members, planners, ect. may have a personal financial interest in how your deal plays out. I was surprised one time when the city engineer came with an unsolicited offer, not from the city, but from the development group.
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Redneck Teepee wrote:
If Bob's property is on the radar they will use every under handed dirty trick in the book, and if that fails they will write new ones.

Here in California the slime balls in Sacramento amended the Eminent Domain Laws to include that if the current tax base could be super-ceded by a new owners/tenants that they could seize the property for the general citizens benefit. :thumbdown:

But, I believe they (the CA Eminent Domain-claiming folks) have to pay the owner fair market value for the land. That would get Bob out of owning land that may be useless to him but would leave him, once again, without a place to put his caboose. I think I would hear the mayor out and see what his plan is. If ConAgra is pressuring, Bob may not be the only person who is finding himself between a rock and a hard spot on this one. In the past, the mayor has leaned an ear Bob's way and that mayor may have found a solution that will work for everyone. At least, I certainly hope so.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:46 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
Redneck Teepee wrote:

But, I believe they (the CA Eminent Domain-claiming folks) have to pay the owner fair market value for the land. That would get Bob out of owning land that may be useless to him but would leave him, once again, without a place to put his caboose. I think I would hear the mayor out and see what his plan is. If ConAgra is pressuring, Bob may not be the only person who is finding himself between a rock and a hard spot on this one. In the past, the mayor has leaned an ear Bob's way and that mayor may have found a solution that will work for everyone. At least, I certainly hope so.

Very true, they do have to pay "Fair Market Value" but if you do not want to sell, why should you be forced to. It always takes more money to relocate and re-establish.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby GerryS » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:46 am

I might even, simply for OPSEC purposes see about making this posting history.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:36 am

There are two ways of looking at this......

I know the mayor has a link to this thread. The zoning folks also had it at one time but I doubt they could find it. ( Hell I have been talking to them for two years about developing this property and they were running around like chickens with their head cut of trying to find "the owner" of that little red trailer).

If they know, I know the facts, they are more likely to negotiate fair and above board.

If I were to hide the fact I know, they will waste their time and mine with token offers and deals.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby GerryS » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Good luck regardless. I can't stand bureaucrats
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Here's hoping they offer you a good price :thumbsup:

Then again, good is relative. LOL

"Elderly woman, Edith Macefield turned down $1M offered to her for the house she lived in for 50 years. A mall was built around it."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/sobadsogood/photos/a.185929708153444.48193.142358482510567/704370506309359/?type=1&theater
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels