HOUSE IN A HOUSE

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: HOUSE IN A HOUSE

Postby bobhenry » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm

It had high fructose corn syrup in it. I am thinking of naming my new water company

Wait for it !

wait for it !

Sweetwater water Company
" Where every gallon's free "
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Nice find! :thumbsup:
Where can you go to fill it up, Bob?
How many gallons will it hold?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:15 am

It's 275 gallon and I will be filling a 55 gallon drum in the truck and pumping it in for the short term. However , the long term plan is to install it in the goofy glider trailer as a mobile utilities center ( see a few posts back ). The rain water harvesting unit will go on top of the trailer and the water will be filtered and deposited into the tank directly. It will be used with a bleach addition for bathing and dishes. I will have bottled water for cooking and drinking.

On another note I got the nastygram from the courts about the foreclosure and decided to get with the program so last night after work I moved 2 trailer loads of furniture over to the house in the house. Looks like I may be moving real soon. I am down to two recliners, two bar stools, a tv, a fridge, a stove a washing machine and the bed. Place is starting to echo like an empty house. If it warms up a bit I think I will try and be out by the end of the month just to turn this page of my life. I will finally be done with the never ending packing and moving. It will be nice to be together with my things and have time to start to organize the house and the shop. Gotta have a big sale though I am about to run out of building. I think every tiny house should be equiped with a couple thousand square feet of secured storage and a shop :D
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 am

With an upcoming showing on the books for Friday I decided to pare down even further. I was down to emptying drawers and cabinets. I moved a car full and a 5 x 10 trailer not quite full over to the storage building in the rain/sleet/snow mix yesterday morning.

The Realtor contacted me about a showing this Friday (today) so cross your fingers. I really want a short sale so I can walk away without the bank snapping at my butt. I did contact the showing agent. He had no idea it was a short sale or even how to handle it with his client. Thank God for Bill Millers Real estate school. As an ex Realtor I decided it would be in my best interest to train him on how best to represent the property. Hope he was listening.

Left the baby book on the counter with about 55+ pictures to show the years worth of remodeling that has been performed on the house. I loaded up Thor my Westy and Sadie my Scottie and we motored off to work for the day this Friday morning so as to leave the house to the realtor and his party.

This weekend is dedicated to the house in a house to get insulation and drywall up and get the little vent free LP fireplace operational.

The good cherry furniture is already in the big building and I am most anxious to get it in the house in a house because the birds are back pooping on everything. I will spend part of the weekend covering everything with tarps and moving blankets. There is no end to the joy of moving 25 years of accumulation. I have gotta get some good pictures of the mess from the roof vantage point you will not believe the yard sale fodder.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 am

Good luck with the sale Bob. It will be nice to get this chapter of your life in the past. Then it's back to having fun! 8)
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:41 am

Woodbutcher wrote:Good luck with the sale Bob. It will be nice to get this chapter of your life in the past. Then it's back to having fun! 8)

I am just not sure if camping is going to be more like day to day life, or if day to day life will be more like camping. :laughter:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby AceMan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Fingers crossed!
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 am

Well , I spent 6 hours Sunday moving furniture into the house in a house.

Couldn't find a helper so I wrestled these pieces alone and I can hardly walk today my back is real P.O.ed at me.

I had measured each piece to fit where it sets and designed the room to fit. Image
However until you really place them you just never know. Each piece fit perfectly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tossed the kitchen food stuff into the boxes in this pic and stood the fridge here temporarily until I decide what to do with the kitchen area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I carried another 30 or so boxes up to the attic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
as I was up on the stairway I surveyed the kingdom what a mess......

just outside the tiny house doorway (see the porch lite)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
looking at the right front of the building
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
looking at the right rear
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
standing in the roll door looking directly in.

and the bad news is.... I need to dig out THAT trailer for the early spring gathering this coming weekend. :shock:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby godskid » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Maybe you need another door, on the side of the outside building where that trailer is! But I guess since it isn't your building, you'll have to settle for re-arranging so that it parks closer to the front, for future access.

That dresser and TV look very ... um .... unique, right next to a radial saw! But your furniture all looks great in there. :)
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm

You've still got a lot of work to do; but, there's no hurry to do it. At least the worst of the moving is done and you can breathe a sigh of relief about that!
Now, if you rest your back a couple days and then carefully slide or roll stuff out of the way to make a wider path, you should be good to go and have a great time camping!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:34 am

HEY HEY HEY ! The realtors came thru ......

I have before me an offer for the short sale of the banks house in an amount that the bank had agreed to as a previous counter offer. The buyer has certified funds in excess of what the total offer is and they are ready and waiting.

ONLY ONE PROBLEM :NC

She liked the little caboose in the driveway so much she has attempted to include it in the further conditions as to be included. I wrote the realtor and told them while I didn't want to block the sale, the caboose is definatly not part of the banks short sale.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 am

godskid wrote:Maybe you need another door, on the side of the outside building where that trailer is! But I guess since it isn't your building, you'll have to settle for re-arranging so that it parks closer to the front, for future access.

That dresser and TV look very ... um .... unique, right next to a radial saw! But your furniture all looks great in there. :)

I have a really nice big shop you would think I could find a place for the saw :oops: other than in the bedroom HUH !

Yep it's going out and so is my big work table in the kitchen area so I have more room to manuver the cabinets and install the neich shelves and trim.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:10 am

Well got my taxes done and for the 1st time in a dozen years I get a little back...........

Then the bank came into view..........

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:55 AM
To: xxxxl; Angel Doss
Subject: RE: Offer 309 East South

Hello,
I received a response from the short sale lender. They are willing to approve the offer amount but they are not willing to release the remaining deficiency with a promissory note or cash at the closing table.
Please speak with the seller and see if they are willing to do one of these options below.

1. Cash paid at closing could be offered as a settlement in full. Generally speaking 25%-30% of the deficiency balance is approved ($15,000). Any remaining balance would be forgiven.
2. A promissory note/repayment plan on 50% of the deficiency balance could be made $29,000..spread over 60 months @ 0.01% interest. Any remaining balance would be forgiven.
3. Short sale approval with no debt forgiveness and account turned over to Liquidation and Recovery to collect the entire balance.

Sounds like they want $$$$ Don't it. They sell the house at their price and still want to chase me ????

OH WELL there's about 62 dollars in the bank they can have it if they get creative :NC
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Don't they realize that if you had money ,you would not be giving up the house. Sometimes you just have to shake your head. I would say NO to all their options. But that's just me....
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 am

If I sell it short sale I will only owe them 59,000 :rofl2:

I decided to play their game........

I have often heard it said half a loaf is better than none. They can accept the
offer and get a half of a loaf or force me into bankruptcy court.
I have tried hard to honor all of my debts and with the house loan tabled I was able to double and triple the payments to my credit card debts. (Most of which was related to the $30,000 I put into the remodel and room addition)

I had hoped to be debt free by January of 2015. It now looks like it may be much sooner. It is a shame I was mislead by The Russell agency that with the acceptance of the short sale I was to be allow to be free and clear of any further attachments related to the house. I have no further recourse than to bill the bank for the 14 months I have been a security guard and caretaker for their property. I will be preparing a bill for their water ,electric and gas bills that were paid so as to have the home ready to show. I have estimated my security time at 13 hours a day at $10.00 an hour and the 2 security dogs are free of charge at this writing. Very rough estimates at this time is $52,000 for the security hours $1400 for gas, $600 for water and $1105 for electric. I have taken it upon myself to repair wind damage to the garage roof and home siding free of charge simply to keep the house in saleable condition.

On another note ANY INSURANCE BROKERS LOOKING IN :D I need insurance on a tiny house and no one here will take on a challenge of plowing new ground.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels