might be why we are headed down this road

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

might be why we are headed down this road

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:06 am

A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

Jeff Foxworthy:

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

What a country!
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: might be why we are headed down this road

Postby PKCSPT » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:38 am

I would say all of the above is true and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 am

You are absolutely spot on about every bit of that. Now the question is....who voted them in, and what are we going to do about getting them out?
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:12 am

This is a real sign in a window in Elgin Illinois.

We don't need a license to get insurance here.

Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:27 am

Well that is a plus..............

So in Illinois an illegal driver can still obtain coverage to help protect me if he is at fault in an accident ?

Sure beats the hell out of trying to get damage from the person at fault that has nothing of value to his/her name.

My son sold his tiny house about 4 years back to a gal who let her property insurance laps. A teen age kid some how managed to jump a 12 inch curb and park in the livingroom, moving the house off of the foundation about 10". She will never see a dime of the loss. House was totaled and razed.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 am

I am on your side Bob, I'm not as concerned about what the dumbing down of our society will do to me personally, as much as my children and grandchildren's future. It's scary to say the least. :frightened: :frightened: :frightened:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:48 am

[quote="bobhenry"]Well that is a plus..............

So in Illinois an illegal driver can still obtain coverage to help protect me if he is at fault in an accident ?

Sure beats the hell out of trying to get damage from the person at fault that has nothing of value to his/her name.

Not only that Bob but our Governor just signed a law that allows people that are not citizens to get drivers licenses!

Here is another sad/funny irony.....

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever --- to 47 million people, as of the most recent figures available in 2013.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." The stated reason for this policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves." :thinking:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MtnDon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

FWIW, A Google on that subject will find that Foxworthy never wrote that, at least that is what he says. It is written in a manner that is supposed to emulate the Foxworthy style, but his humor is missing, IMO.

There is some question in my mind that there are outright lies in some of the published anecdotes and others that are misleading. Not saying government is perfect, not saying I agree with everything our various levels of government have done or might like to do. Just saying that the internet is a wonderful resource, but at the same time contains information that is biased, false or falsely attributed to purported authors, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

Anyhow, take that and do whatever you want with it. No flame war wanted and no more comments from me on this. I Google just about everyone of these sort of things that comes emailed to me or that appears on forums I frequent. Many of them check out with some sort of falsehoods or deceits. Google is a great tool.
Last edited by MtnDon on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:32 pm

There is some question in my mind that there are outright lies in some of the published anecdotes and others that are misleading. Not government is perfect, not saying I agree with everything our various levels of government have done or might like to do. Just saying that the internet is a wonderful resource, but at the same time contains information that is biased, false or falsely attributed to purported authors, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

Amen to that!

Too many people take whatever they read on the 'net as truth, regardless of its source or attribution. Since no one fact checks the internet, it's up to the reader, and too few people know how or are interested. Most simply want confirmation of their a priori beliefs.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels