ADK Tiny

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: ADK Tiny

Postby Sabatical » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:54 am

kudzu wrote:Am enjoying your build a good deal. You've got great storage in the loft, nice size & excellent placement. Other details like the small shelves in the kitchen are ones you will very much appreciate. Great job.

Thanks Kudzu for the kind words. We are enjoying the process.
Sabatical
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rebapuck » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:47 am

I too like the shelving under the stairs. Looks more practical than some I've seen.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Sabatical » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:00 pm

rebapuck wrote:I too like the shelving under the stairs. Looks more practical than some I've seen.

Thank you. It's a challenge to both make room wherever you can and also to shrink ones possessions to fit in the space available. My wife is quite happy with the space we will have and both of us strive to simplify our lives.
We have far more time to enjoy our lives when we are not working to maintain things we don't use or need. It does not matter to us that we do not fit into the "norms" of society today. In fact we enjoy being different and showing that all the excesses and status symbols do not provide happiness.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Sabatical
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rlowell » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:43 pm

This has been great to watch. Question: Has there been further development since June of 2015? Did you post the final pictures?

Thanks,
Rod :thinking: :applause:
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Sabatical » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Yes Rod, we moved into our little house in mid October. It is mostly complete. It was getting pretty cold in the camper so we decided we'd finish the rest of our projects next summer.
We do enjoy living in it although we still struggle to find the right furniture to make the living room totaly comfortable. We'll probably make some "built in's" to fix the problem spots.
Unfinished projects include:
Finish flooring
Paint or cover kitchen ceiling
Install woodstove
Second coat exterior trim and porch
There must be more, but they escape me at the moment.
I'd apparently neglected to put up some finished pics for which I apologize. We are currently in the desert southwest escaping winter so mobile data is extremely valuable. If we have some left at the end of our cycle, i'll post some up.
Another ongoing project will be an additional small solar system dedicated to the 12v fridge. We found that with the low fall sun angle and trees we struggled to reach 100% soc on our battery bank daily. We have more solar than needed on our camper, so i'll take one panel from the camper and two batteries from the bank of six in the tiny house and they'll be used just for the fridge.
I've got many mods going on the camper also, but that's a story for another thread.
Scott
Sabatical
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rlowell » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Nice to hear from you.
You build is very nice and is as usual, the hand made project is never finished. My teardrop is always finding something for me to do.

Where are you in the west? I was raised in the west (Utah) and have spent time all over. I do miss the west in many ways.

Rod
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Sabatical » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:53 pm

We travel to the AZ desert in winter to get away from the snow and cold temps of the northeast.
Sabatical
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Rlowell » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:28 pm

That is a smart move. I was stationed at Ft. Wachuca in the early 70's. Spelled that wrong.
Had a great time in the desert hunting Bobcat and other things, near Sierra Vista.

Rod
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Sabatical » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:04 am

ImageImage

Here's a couple new pics.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
Sabatical
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Sabatical » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:10 am

I didn't have pics showing the door trim painted green and the bathroom door installed.

It turned out well and was fun to live in for ten months. We found though that tiny house living is not really like the time we spend in a camper when snowbirding. We decided it was not for us, not in this configuration anyway. So we'll sell this one and fund a little larger "cottage" in the future.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
Sabatical
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels