Thinking of a loft? Try this first.

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Thinking of a loft? Try this first.

Postby kriellian » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:37 pm

I had the opportunity to stay in a KOA cabin with loft this past weekend and thought I'd share the experience.
Being odd man out I got to sleep in -you guessed it - the loft. While I had a comfortable nights sleep, getting to and from the loft was challenging (narrow stairs with a very tight stairway/ceiling/loft floor junction). Crawling over to my mattress on all fours was, lets say, not the most enjoyable experience. At 63 yrs old, 6 ft, 195 lbs and in good health, the thought of going up and down the stairs and crawling on all fours at least twice a day would get old pretty quick. I forgot my cellphone charger up there and it meant another round trip!
I just completed the third – and final – 1/6th scale model of my Tiny House on Wheels - this version without a loft. The framework and interior will be an adaptation of MC Toyer’s Log Cabin while the exterior is close to the Yahoo Vardo plans posted by droid_ca back in 2012. Plans call for it to be 14’ x 7.5’ x 11’ road to peak, totally self-contained and be ready for full-timeing by Spring of 2016.
I’ll post pics of the models and plans this weekend in the Build Journals forum under the heading Bear Necessities.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until the try to take it." Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
"Knowing is not enough, one must apply. Willing is not enough, one must do." Bruce Lee (1940-1973)
kriellian
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Thinking of a loft? Try this first.

Postby rebapuck » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 am

I look forward to seeing that. I will never build a tiny house, but love to tinker with all things architectural and have a plan to eliminate most of that knee crawling.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels