The "Tiny" Tiny Trailer

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

The "Tiny" Tiny Trailer

Postby jwh92020 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 pm

My wife and i went round and round over what kind of trailer to build. I wanted a smaller "square drop" type, but she wanted to be able to stand up I wanted aluminum skin, she wanted wood. You can see by the pictures, she won. The biggest reason for the build is to let her be able to sleep in a recliner. So i found a frame and started building a trailer around it. The trailer started life as a pop up camper with a 7 x 10 frame. I wanted a bit more length, so I added a foot to the front of it. I'm a wood guy, not a metal guy, so I used 2 x 6's that are bolted through the metal frame (welders around here wanted $400+ to add the extra foot. I spent under $100 to extend it. The walls are 1 x 4 southern yellow pine glued and screwed together, the exterior is 8" tongue & groove pine treated with Penofin and the roof is metal panels. I decided to get a bit more storage so I added a VNose to it (also helps with aerodynamics). i picked up a lot of ideas on this site and got ton's of advice. I'mjust starting on the interior, but I thought I'd post a couple of picturesI
What I started with
Frame Extended
Weather Tight
The V Nose
jwh92020
Teardrop Master

Re: The "Tiny" Tiny Trailer

Postby greygoos » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Nice looking build. It is almost like a tiny house. Good luck in your travels.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Re: The "Tiny" Tiny Trailer

Postby jwh92020 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Thanks greygoos. It's going to be fun figuring out what the wife wants for an interior.
jwh92020
Teardrop Master

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels