Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Places to "park" your tiny home

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:12 pm

S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Places to "park" your tiny home

Postby lrrowe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Wow Sharon,
This link has links to a lot of interesting viewing. I am saving it for later.

To me, my Tiny home (actually means smaller home to us) is to somehow figure out how to move from 3800 sf to less then 2000 sf. But some of the photos in your link can lead to some creative ideas on our part.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:57 am

If you are "parking ' it it must be on wheels. The zoning folks generally view a THOW's as an R.V. and are very unhappy when you try and place it on a lot rather than an R.V. park. Visit the zoning commissioner and get their views and work within their guidelines. I have a $300.00 hole in my wallet from a fine for placing MY THOW's on MY lot purchased from the State.
It is in an unincorporated area but they were not at all happy and the next fine was warned to be $5000.00 for noncompliance so we packed up and left.....

I am still illegal in that I simply hide out rather than going thru the mine field of getting permission from my new county. I have been in place 2 years this week and have had the county electrical inspector out to the site for my new electrical drop for the tractor barn the landlady and I built without any further incidents. I was sure this visit would open the can of worms but it did not :applause:

Had I been flagged it would have been the cabooses 5th move due to zoning violations. Each move was very upsetting and yet another expense so if it can be avoided by selecting a county that will permit you I would highly recommend it to save a lot of grief. Image
Last edited by bobhenry on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:08 am

OR you can hide out in plain sight.......Image

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels