sheryl's she shed

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: sheryl's she shed

Postby bobhenry » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:43 am

First fire in the wood stove Sunday and again yesterday (Monday) Got it going a bit harder on the second firing. I had some tomato juice can sized logs that I placed in the stove and they went all afternoon while I sorted fasteners into my new parts bins and put up shelving and organized tools. Have pics to post soon. The small stove has actually proven to be a blessing. For some reason there is no primary air vent only a secondary near the top of the door. While this is foreign to me it makes the stove very easy to manage ( but hard to get going) . It doesn't have the bad habit of running away as some stoves will. It is also curious in that it burns more vigorously when I close the stack damper ??? . These little facts are all a part of getting to know a new wood stove. All of them seem to have different personalities in the way they operate. It is nice to work in a warm snug little wood shop feeding my little wood stove my scraps ( and mistakes) :rofl2:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:17 am

Like my wood look concrete floor ? We hope to put it in the caboose ( anyone remember the caboose ??) today . The remainder will finish the shop floor. It will be very close as I figured there is roughly 400 sq ft available.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 am

The parts bin tower.......

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:21 am

Trying to get organized........

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:23 am

And the power tools have moved in !

Image nice drill press

Image cabinet grade table saw , old school scroll saw , and nice router table :D
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby swoody126 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 am

plodding along steadily! :thumbsup:

gotta lotta love for those little router tables

had one in the shop when i was teaching Middle School Shop many moons ago

it stayed set up w/ a bearing tipped round over bit in it

makes a H. E. double ugly mess butt sure saves time

have 2 of them at the barn now w/ one permanently set up w/ the round over and only gets used out the down wind door so the wind takes care of the chips adding mulch to the grass

th 2.jpeg
th 2.jpeg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 5805 times

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:48 am

Yesterday I cut down the heavy as hell fire door I was using as a work bench. This allowed the table saw to be added at the end so the bench can double as a run off table. I am in the process of making a new roll around bench and trying to figure a way to "lock" the saw to the bench when in place.

I want to also carry my power miter saw outboard on the side of the bench with a pull out support table and still be able to store the miter saw and router table under the bench. It is kind of left me scratching my head a bit but I hope to figure it out today. It has sure been nice having a toasty warm shop to putter around in,

I am about to get things organized.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:17 am

Tuesday built a roll around cart about 2' x 4' for the miter saw and/or the bench top band saw. I had an old cart of sorts ( think it is the bottom of a shopping cart) so I gathered some reclaimed 2x4's and made a cabinet frame of sorts and added one of the left over formica tops from my demolition cabinet score and there it is a free roll around tool bench.

Later I added a telescopic support for the router table. They extend out of tubes mounted to the big slab workbench top. The router can then rest on the extended arms and be pinned to the end of the big workbench to limit movement. I even took time to install the missing fourth switch at the entry door and ran the wiring to a pretty little coach light style porch light. Swept up and vacuumed up and put the toys away. It is really nice to have a place to put all the tools and fasteners . Today, I think I will make a crosscut sled for the land lady's nifty table saw. I promise I will take time to get a few pics :pictures:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Here is my recycled log rack. I found a dilapidated 1/2 whiskey barrel and all that was really salvageable was the rings so I drilled them and attached them to a large piece of rough sawn lumber.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Then there is the late arrival of the porch light.....

Image I love yard sales :D
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:38 pm

The wood look concrete floor is fully installed. Took a helper and myself 4 good solid hours but all 320 sq ft are now down with enough left over to do the entire caboose floor also.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:25 am

Christmas day puttered around on the shop once again. There was a full bundle of beautiful cedar siding in the free materials I got from my buddy at work. I had no idea what it would be used for as a single bundle is not enough siding to use as siding. I laid it aside until a little light went on in my head. I would use it to trim out the interior around the windows and doors. I ripped it to fill the sides of the opening over the rough jambs and then made a picture frame halo on the wall face, While not as fancy as store bought trim might have been it "finishes off " the openings and looks sweet enough for a wood shop.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm

A better look at the shop and the all finished cement plank wood look floors !

The first piece of stained glass.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Monday the 19th I took a few minutes and installed some Craig's list mini blinds. I purchased 8 pair for $30.00. I got 3 of them up ......

Shop is a ways away and I wanted to keep any prying eyes from seeing the tools and toys in side to avoid temptation. :D
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 pm

A couple weeks ago in an attempt to stay on beam I made myself task board. I am a big list guy. I start the day with a cup or two of coffee and list what I hope to get done that day. Well I took it one step larger and made myself a chalk board. Remember the cement board soffit material? I had a piece left over that was too small to be of value as soffit or skirting material so I painted it with chalk board paint. Now I can make list on and on.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels