Any one ever fired up a preway!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Any one ever fired up a preway!

Postby slowcowboy » Mon May 29, 2017 4:41 pm

For a old preway 2 burner stove on a farm auction Saturday after got biddi g action for 12 bucks..how do they work its a 2 burner suit case stove similar to Coleman also green but slightly different controls..i can only access the forum by cell phone and tapa talk now how can I take a photo with my phone and show you guys my new stove off?? Slowcowboy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Re: Any one ever fired up a preway!

Postby QueticoBill » Mon May 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Model number?
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 pm

I have a three burner Preway I inherited from my parents who bought it in the 30's. We used it until we got our first tear. I have a digital copy of the manual if you want to PM me an email address I can send you a copy. They work well, one of the cast iron burners has a top grate that helps to heat the generator.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby edgeau » Tue May 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Tapatalk is actually easier to get photos up than the desktop site. When entering a post there is a little up arrow on the left. Tap that and the typing area expands revealing a grey square with a blank page icon in it that has a plus sign. Just tap that and follow your nose.

There are also some extra icons below it. The one of a camera let's you take a photo and upload it or the one next to it that looks like a painting of mountains let's you upload a photo you have already taken.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
edgeau
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ChefConroy » Wed May 31, 2017 1:13 pm

Dunno about the preway, but great thing about my '50s era Coleman is I can still get parts.

Tip with the old stoves like yours: if you find the pump on the tank isn't working so well anymore, you can pull it apart at re-wet the seal, since its leather.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
ChefConroy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dguff » Wed May 31, 2017 8:15 pm

I think firing up an old preway requires an understanding of convfeve!!!
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment