Vintage Stoves & Lanterns That Need a New Home

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Vintage Stoves & Lanterns That Need a New Home

Postby PresTx82 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't have any, and most of you on this mini-forum probably don't either, but I'm sure collectively on this Teardrop Forum that someone has some old stoves and lanterns that need some TLC; and their owner has higher priorities and/or interests.

So, if anyone out on this forum knows of (or has) any old beat-up, leaking, bent, rusty, oily, non-functionable camping stoves and lanterns that have seen better days and you want to get rid of them; I would suggest you take a quick picture of the item, describe its condition and post it in this mini-forum for us vintage camping equipment enthusiast and maybe someone will take it off your hands and you'd get a couple of dollars in your pocket to boot!

What do you think? :R

Maybe I should repost this out on the main forum?
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:57 pm

I think it's a good idea Mark. Lots of people don't want to mess with white gas equipment, the work of restoring one to working condition or dealing with the liquid fuel, + it's just stuff sitting around. And...you never know what will happen.

I gave Mike A a 1940 228 that I had restored for his kindness/help in letting me use his bead blaster on a number of projects, Matches the year of his truck and nearly his tear. In return, he gave me 2 pans and a pot with a lid in cream and green porcelain enamel. Matches the coffee pot that Rich sent! Perfect for the Voyager! Maybe others have items to trade as well. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Micro469 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:11 pm

doug hodder wrote:I think it's a good idea Mark. Lots of people don't want to mess with white gas equipment, the work of restoring one to working condition or dealing with the liquid fuel, + it's just stuff sitting around. And...you never know what will happen.

I gave Mike A a 1940 228 that I had restored for his kindness/help in letting me use his bead blaster on a number of projects, Matches the year of his truck and nearly his tear. In return, he gave me 2 pans and a pot with a lid in cream and green porcelain enamel. Matches the coffee pot that Rich sent! Perfect for the Voyager! Maybe others have items to trade as well. Doug

I don't have anything to trade, but if anyone wants to give me something.......

8)
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby PresTx82 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Yea Doug, I thought it was a good idea. Maybe called it "TearBay" or something. Just kidding. :lol:
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment