Intervention... (open letter)

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

stove

Postby doitright » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 am

The 502 is more like the small side of the 2 burner, small tank. The shape on the burner cup on the 500 throws more heat up, the 502 because of a smaller burner puts more heat out and brings the pan down closer. Just my observation on it. Doug

Thanks for the information I do not need the 502 if it will not heat more than the side burner of my 245. I use a 8" and a 9" waffle iron. I need lots of heat since I cook for 5 (family) to 35 (scouts) when I go camping. I need lots of heat. So I will have to stay with my camp chef two burner for the waffle irons. But there is always coffee and the low heat on the 502 would be great for that to keep it warm. We use a 1/2 gal stainless steel coffee pot.
[quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going back to cuyeda's post, and looking at all the lanterns and stoves some of you guys have amassed has got me thinking. I don't NEED 15 lanterns or 20 stoves... I already have three stoves and three lanterns...oh and a 500 single burner.....

I can't afford to collect any more stuff.... by nature I'm a pack rat, and have more junk than I will ever use. So even when I look with envy at all the beautiful lanterns yua'll have, I have to stop myself from buying more because I'll never use them.

I know and feel you pain. I have too much stuff but would love to refine my camping gear so I would only take what I need and would use. I am staying away from lanterns I have a red 200 A but would love a 59 since my camper is a 59 but unless I get one free I will have to keep the one I have it dose work great.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment