stupid Vintage Camping Equipment section!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

stupid Vintage Camping Equipment section!

Postby packerz4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:37 am

as if i didn't have enough to fill my brain at night. now i find myself and my OCD looking at more stuff... vintage flashlights, thinking about cleaning up my old coleman lanterns, looked at a different camp stove today.

don't need anything to go camping. got enough stuff. truth is i don't go camping enough. and now, we have this damn vintage section that feeds the habit. it's like crack, or meth, or something. this section should be banned.

my name is Tammy and i'm an addict. :oops:
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby rainjer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 am

It is not a matter of needing it, it is a matter of wanting it.....

My name is Jeremy & I am also a addict & proud of it. :)
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby doug hodder » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 am

Well, that's the first step....admitting you have a problem. Sorry. ;) Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Juneaudave » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:31 am

Tammy..I don't know you, but I understand your addition...

The Vintage Camping Equipment post draws susceptable Teardropper's (is that even a word?) like flys to honey. It is much more than the current American consumer mentality of "Hey, this is cool and I would like to have that lantern (right now)" ...but a basic need to reconnect with our "white gas" heritage. Yes, you heard me... it's Coleman fuel vrs. disposable propane canisters!!!! An insumountable groundswell of support has arisen on this very BBS!!!

Rise Up, Rise Up!!!! Declare your support for white gas! Take pride in your appreciation old crapped out Coleman stuff!!! Bid on Ebay, I say bid till the pocketbook runs dry on that ole 242 lantern or the Model 500 stove!!! You will never regret it till the spouse makes you get rid of all that stuff!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby packerz4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:24 am

Juneaudave wrote:...but a basic need to reconnect with our "white gas" heritage. Yes, you heard me... it's Coleman fuel vrs. disposable propane canisters!!!!

that's it! i have a need to be more environmentally friendly! thanks Juneaudave!
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:36 am

Its Doug and Jeremy's fault. I was just cruzin through life happy and then suddenly wam I felt like someone hit me in the head with a coleman ice chest. I've got more stuff to take camping now then when I was a tent camper. Teardropping was supposed to make it simple.
Thanks alot Doug and Jeremy :x Its ok I'll be allright ;)
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:11 am

Addiction Addiction to the good things in life. Yup Im the Classic Finn and Im addicted. With regrets nope. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby rainjer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 am

cherokeegeorge wrote:Its Doug and Jeremy's fault. I was just cruzin through life happy and then suddenly wam I felt like someone hit me in the head with a coleman ice chest. I've got more stuff to take camping now then when I was a tent camper. Teardropping was supposed to make it simple.
Thanks alot Doug and Jeremy :x Its ok I'll be allright ;)

Your welcome!!! :applause: :applause:

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby t-vicky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:03 pm

I have a friend who is a car salesman. He is always trying to sell me some old car & I tell him I dont need anymore cars..He always tells me What does NEED have to do with this?
The impossable just takes longer & cost more.
t-vicky
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:09 pm

packerz4 wrote:
Juneaudave wrote:...but a basic need to reconnect with our "white gas" heritage. Yes, you heard me... it's Coleman fuel vrs. disposable propane canisters!!!!

that's it! i have a need to be more environmentally friendly! thanks Juneaudave!

:o Your not going to go back to wale blubber oil lamps?? Thats NOT environmentally friendly!!! :R :lol:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Joanne » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Juneaudave wrote:
Rise Up, Rise Up!!!! Declare your support for white gas! Take pride in your appreciation old crapped out Coleman stuff!!! Bid on Ebay, I say bid till the pocketbook runs dry on that ole 242 lantern or the Model 500 stove!!! You will never regret it till the spouse makes you get rid of all that stuff!!!

Packerz4 wrote:that's it! i have a need to be more environmentally friendly! thanks Juneaudave!

Look at all the recycling we are doing We recycle old trailers and build teardrops on them. We are recycling and restoring the old stoves and lanterns. I've gone green! Coleman green and proud of it!!

Joanne doing her best to rationalize more e-bay purchases....
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Mark72 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Problem! What Problem??! I ain't got no stinkin' problem!! :x

:lol:

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby hotrod » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 pm

hello my name is paul and I have a white gas habit. I always kept a lantern gassed up and ready to go near the bed at all times, even before discovering this group of addiction enablers. Mostly just out of necessity but now they keep multiplying. 242 nhere 220d there, dual fuel over there, multiple campstoves as well. If we ever lose power here on the prairie for more than a week Im pretty sure Ill be the only survivor. Im glad that I dont buy anything off of evilbay anymore or I would completely broke...
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

stuff

Postby doitright » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Tn. is not helping me in my addition. Here we can pull a seconded trailer behind your camper. A few weeks ago I put a hitch on the back of my camper and wired it so I can pull a seconded trailer. Now all I need is a box trailer to put all the vintage camping gear in. I wish all I had was a green addition. I think mine is much worse a vintage addition. But I have slowed down some unless it is cheep or free.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby packerz4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:53 pm

so far i've been able to ward off the Cast Iron section. --- Must stay strong... Must not waver.... Must stay focused.

o hell, i'm doomed. i've had the peach cobbler at a gathering.

tam :oops:
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Next

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment