Fuels n Info.

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Classic Finn wrote:Gas Stations do not carry this anymore since 5 years ago the EU came up with regulations on this type of fuels.
Classic Finn ;)

Heikki....kind of one of those things.....when white gas is outlawed, only outlaws will have white gas! I hope we never have to register lanterns!!! :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Mark72 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 pm

My hawthorn stove says it will run on naptha as well as gasoline. Will that work for a lantern in a pinch?

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby rainjer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:50 pm

White gas is Naptha...You can run unleaded but it will fowl the generator.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 am

rainjer wrote:White gas is Naptha...You can run unleaded but it will fowl the generator.

Jeremy

You guys must be running the wrong unleaded...... About all I've used in mine since '75 is pump gas. That Coleman fuel can I carry around is full of gasoline. I might have bought 2 gallons of Coleman fuel in the last 30+ years and that was cause I needed a new can. 8) :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:19 am

Nitetimes wrote:
rainjer wrote:White gas is Naptha...You can run unleaded but it will fowl the generator.

Jeremy

You guys must be running the wrong unleaded...... About all I've used in mine since '75 is pump gas. That Coleman fuel can I carry around is full of gasoline. I might have bought 2 gallons of Coleman fuel in the last 30+ years and that was cause I needed a new can. 8) :lol:

...dittoes on that...I do use premium however :D :roll: ;) ................................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Kevin A » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:42 am

madjack wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:

Jeremy

...dittoes on that...I do use premium however :D :roll: ;) ................................... 8)

You guys should try this primo unleaded we get out here in Kahleefornia.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby doug hodder » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:43 am

I should try the regular gas in one of the 424 stoves that I have, vs. the Coleman fuel since it's for a dual fuel use. Give them both the same amount of fuel in the tank, equal pumps, same pan on top with 1gal of water and see how they do. Will Smith and I did this before, but there were a lot of variables. The Coleman fuel in our test boiled faster....not that it matters but would be interesting to know, anyone know octane ratings on it all?...note to self....get a frigging life! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:01 am

Kevin A wrote:
madjack wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:

Jeremy

You guys should try this primo unleaded we get out here in Kahleefornia.

I used some of that Kaliforny gas and it done kilt my fuel pump!!!! :roll: :roll:
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:09 am

Jeremy

Here you,ll get Diesel with that Nafta . :lol:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 am

Jeremy

Ya know, just avoiding storing it in the chicken coop might solve that problem. 8) 8) 8) :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Previous

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment