Coleman 426 A Three Burner - Found at Garage Sale

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Coleman 426 A Three Burner - Found at Garage Sale

Postby PresTx82 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:33 pm

OK, I'm going to stop purchasing these stoves. I promise. This is my fourth one not including my original propane stove.

Anyway, so I'm on craigslist perusing and I happen upon a garage sale in my area listing just "camping equipment". I email the guy and ask him if he has any Coleman Stoves or lanterns. He replies, "yea, but they're real old gas ones". I don't go early and find out he's sold everything but this 426A three burner. I get it for $15.00. Whatya think?

Image Image

[I didn't realize that the copper gas tanks on this stove were that large. All I'm missing is the decal for the inside lide. I don't think there were any more decals for this model, were there?
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 pm

All I wanna know is what that bar hanging on the lid is for?? There's one on the lid of the stove I got from Doug. The only thing I could thing of is that it's to hold the lids on your pots? :roll:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Towel rack and lid support for when you lay it flat. I don't think it would hold much weight. It supports the oven on the 2E when in a laid back position. Doug.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:33 pm

doug hodder wrote:Towel rack and lid support for when you lay it flat. I don't think it would hold much weight. It supports the oven on the 2E when in a laid back position. Doug.

Seems to me it's a little close to the flames to hang a towel on but I'll give it a try. :roll: :roll: 8) :lol: :lol:

Yeah, yeah...I get it.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby rainjer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:09 pm

You flip the bar over the top of the lid..... The towels hang on the back side of the lid.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment