yet another 242c question.....

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

yet another 242c question.....

Postby hotrod » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 pm

I tore apart my 242c lantern tonite one quick question. how can you tell if the check vale is functional without taking it apart? dont really want to take that out unless I gotta...Its soaking in penetrating oil at the moment..
I think it is working. If i put my lips over the pump hole and cover the filler cap hole and the fuel/air hole at the top of the font it should only pass air into the font and not back out right?It sounds like there is a check ball in there loose... lolol I wonder if the wife will kiss me with white gas on my breath... lolol
Near as I can find this thing takes a regular #21 mantle according to old town yucca. I thought it was different....Thanks guys!! :thumbsup: Paul
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby rainjer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:08 pm

If you have a good fuel cap gasket & the valve is sealed, pump up the fount & close the the pump. Put you fount under water & look for a leak.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby doug hodder » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 pm

It'll take a 21, but you can also put a #99 on it...little larger and it runs fine...maybe a little more light. I've got them on 1 of mine. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby hotrod » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm

thanks guys, parts are a soakin...
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment