Grant got a lantern....

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Grant got a lantern....

Postby doug hodder » Sun May 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Early on we all started posting about lanterns and such. Well, Grant had a couple of lanterns that needed some work, they were rough....We put together a package for Grant that hopefully will give him years of use. Jeremy did a beautiful job on restoring a 200A, and made up a "special" decal that had the vintage Coleman shield and also included the Lil Bear logo in it as well as on the box for it.

Also, just for grins, before the rain (monsoon), we restored one of his lanterns while at the Dam. Not an easy trick since we actually used dirt to polish up the frame rest on it and some creative methods to get it working. After some clowning around and a few parts, we got him another burner, a 242C.

Lots of people knew about this gift idea and were behind it. If you are reading this Grant....it's just a way to say THANKS for so many years of putting together a great gathering.

The weather wasn't all that great this year, but hey it's camping, take it as it comes, rain or shine I'll be there. The company/campers were great however as was the host. Thanks Grant....

PS...Dean on the right didn't realize it was raining, but then he lives in fog....but I gotta give him a break...that guy was working the whole time. Doug

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Nitetimes » Sun May 03, 2009 11:47 pm

How do yu know it was raining?? Have you ever actually seen rain out there?? 8) :lol: :lol:

doug hodder wrote:Early on we all started posting about lanterns and such. Well, Grant had a couple of lanterns that needed some work, they were rough....We put together a package for Grant that hopefully will give him years of use. Jeremy did a beautiful job on restoring a 200A, and made up a "special" decal that had the vintage Coleman shield and also included the Lil Bear logo in it as well as on the box for it.

Pretty cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You guys can be alright sometimes!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby rainjer » Mon May 04, 2009 12:47 am

Here is a closer picture of the decal.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby BobR » Mon May 04, 2009 4:54 am

What a nice thought and the lantern looks great too!
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby TLC » Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 am

Doug:
I hope you don't mind, I added some flash to your picture. I didn't want anyone to miss those cool pants you're wearing.
Nice job on the 200A, Grant deserves it and you guys are toooooo good.
Tom :applause:
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:58 am

Is that Diogenes holding the lantern and checking out the "tall tales?"
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby xrover » Mon May 04, 2009 11:16 am

TLC wrote:Doug:
I hope you don't mind, I added some flash to your picture. I didn't want anyone to miss those cool pants you're wearing.

Are those not the same pants in your avatar? So do you own more than 1 pair of these pants?
:lol:
1988 Cadet
2006 Argo Avenger
xrover
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Mon May 04, 2009 11:59 am

xrover wrote:
TLC wrote:Doug:

Are those not the same pants in your avatar? So do you own more than 1 pair of these pants?
:lol:

I believe that's a different pair.....and oh yes, there are more than one!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Tue May 05, 2009 3:06 am

My humble & heartfelt Thanks! go out to Doug & Jeremy ...

... first, for breathing life into my crusty old 242, there at the Gathering, when it became clear to me that it would be a v-e-r-y long time before I got it burning if I didn't ask for some serious help ... :oops: ...! This one will be my campsite's workhorse.

... second, for the fabulous and totally unexpected gift of the 200A, complete with Doug-Craft carry/storage/presentation box (which also carries the custom Coleman/Li'l Bear logo/decal)! It will have a place of honor in my little TD, and will burn (occasionally) with gratitude & rememberance (always)!

Thanks!, too, to everyone else (who still remain unknown to me) who had a hand in this gift!

Presenting & hosting the Dam Gatherings is a labor of love, and Lord knows that Lisa & I couldn't pull it off without a lot of help from a lot of people, both in front of and behind the scenes ... our reward is the attendance of all who participate, the friendships that have come about as a result, and the sights & sounds of folks having a good time in a beautiful location!

The 16th Dam Gathering will be long remembered by most folks for two big reasons ... the RAIN! (6" total fell between Friday noon and 6:00 AM Sunday!), and the 50-60 hardy folks who stuck it out to the end (or nearly the end)! But now, Lisa & I will remember it especially fondly ... for the generosity & thoughtfulness of Doug, Jeremy, and the other unknown friends for this beautiful gift! Thank You, All!

Grant & Lisa

p.s. - for those interested, the total teardrop count for the weekend was in the neighborhood of 85 ... the most we've ever had ... :thumbsup: ...!

p.p.s. - Doug & Jeremy ... what kind of clear-coat do you recommend that will safely go over those decals, to seal them and protect them from wear and fuel spillage ...?
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby rainjer » Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 am

Grant, the decals are already clear coated. They are also printed on laser printer, not a inkjet. I think you will be ok. If not, I can send you a couple replacement decals. I have a couple spare ones.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment