My Coleman collection........so far!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

My Coleman collection........so far!

Postby TLC » Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 am

Here's my collection of Coleman products so far. All are in working order with the exception of the Mil-Spec lantern, which needs some work. Nothing newer than 1967.

Thanks guys for planting the seed, it's growing faster than I expected! All will be rebuilt next winter, and looking like new again.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby High Desert » Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 am

Nice! I have a couple of older pieces but have resisted getting into the vintage thing, mainly because I can't afford another collection right now :oops: :lol:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby drewbtaylor » Thu May 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Tooo Coool.

Uh Oh, just what I need: something else to collect, obsess over, spend money on.

Beautiful collection. I wasn't jealous 5 minutes ago, but now....
drewbtaylor
Teardrop Inspector

Postby doug hodder » Thu May 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Nice collection of items Tom!!! It is a fun hobby. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby TLC » Thu May 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks everyone. It's been kind of fun locating and buying them (but frustrating at the same time) I started just looking for a 200A, my very first camping item bought in the early 60's, and look what has happened. :o Stoves and lanterns galore. I'll be busy all next winter repainting and rebuilding each one. I'll be happy if they come out half as good as Dougs.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby tinksdad » Thu May 07, 2009 6:01 pm

TLC wrote:Thanks everyone. It's been kind of fun locating and buying them (but frustrating at the same time) I started just looking for a 200A, my very first camping item bought in the early 60's, and look what has happened. :o Stoves and lanterns galore. I'll be busy all next winter repainting and rebuilding each one. I'll be happy if they come out half as good as Dougs.
Tom

And if mine come out half as good as yours, I'll be ecstatic!!!

Haven't acquired anything quite as old yet... 2 425E stoves, 1 228E lantern 1957, 1 228F lantern circa 1971..... all in various stages of dis-assembly, cleaning and restoring; but I'm just starting out on this path. My main goal is to get a couple of daily burners ready for camping, and one or two show pieces to set out for display when I set up the trailer at the local "Cruise Nights" in the town hall parking lot. Trying to put forth the life style to the un-initiated! I plan on handing out brochures and recommending this forum to anybody who will listen to a crazy old man!! I also have an album started with re-prints from all the early "How To" magazines and photos from gatherings to display.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby kayaklover » Sun May 17, 2009 10:05 am

Very nice Tom. If you light all those lanterns at the next gathering we'll be landing planes. I'll keep my eyes open during garage sale season.
Lori
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment