The 242 Burns Beautifully!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

The 242 Burns Beautifully!

Postby grant whipp » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 am

Thanks, Doug & Jeremy ... :applause: ...

... for getting my 242 burning at the 16th Dam Gathering ...!!!

While it didn't get to burn much at that campout (Jeremy only put in enough fuel for a couple of hours, and I hadn't gone out & bought any 'cause I really hadn't expected to get the lanterns back 'til some other gathering ...), but as evidenced below, it now burns quite nicely (and all night long) with a full tank of fuel!

These were taken at Lake Solano Campgrounds, just outside Winters, CA, the night of May 19, after my trip to Daily City that day to have my back looked at by the Spine Care Center. Great little campground on the shores of a pleasant little lake ... possible candidate for a NorCal TearJerkers Gathering, or anyone else wanting to put one on in that neck of the woods (easy to get to by anybody From Modesto to Redding, from the Gold Country to San Francisco to the Wine Country!)

Anyway, tip of the day for first time burners (or re-burners, as the case might be): if the lantern runs out of fuel, make sure you close the fuel valve before re-filling and re-lighting! It'll make for some real interesting dance moves if you forget and go to re-light! And, if you're quick enough, you might even get to keep the hair on your arms and maybe your beard, too ... :shock: ...!

As for the beautiful 200A presented to me at the Dam Gathering, it'll have its ceremonial lighting at a significant upcoming event, yet to be determined ... :thumbsup: ...!
(Yet to be determined because my attendance at any gathering in the near future is yet to be determined because my surgery date is yet to be determined as will be my recovery from said surgery! Long winded way of saying that everything is up in the air, this season ... :? ...!)

'Till next time, Happy Camping, Everyone ... and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby hotrod » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment