Vintage Coleman Table and 4 bench style chairs.

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Vintage Coleman Table and 4 bench style chairs.

Postby BillandMarijo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 am

Anyone out there know I found an old Coleman Table and 4 Chairs (bench style) from the 60s. Still in the box. Used very little. The guy wants $35. It all folds up inside table.
Dont know anything about them. Is it worth the price. :thinking: Since its metal I figure I could used my portible stove on it.
Thanks,
Bill and Marijo
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby dobyman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:04 am

Every one I've ever seen at a flea market goes for more than $35, (usually double that) and they usually are pretty bent up. Still in the box and nice shape, I'd buy it, just to use as a display table, maybe for your stoves or lanterns. :thumbsup:
Dobyman!
If you can't find it at a rummage sale..... you dont need it!
dobyman
Teardrop Master

Postby High Desert » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 am

Sounds like a good deal to me. The new ones are far more than that, without the style 8)
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:45 am

O.K. guys I know it may not be vintage but I just landed a 3 burner rv cook top. ($10.00 yard sale find) The hose couples direct to the propane tank ( no regulator) The problem is one of the 3 control valves literally hops off the seat and hisses gas. Not real great for cooking! I have moved the valve from burner 2 to the offending burner and it still occures at burner 1. The seat and valve appear fine. The brand is Traveler. It has me scratching my head. Should I install a regulator even though it was clearly used without one. There is no packing gland and just a brass to brass tapered valve. I moved this and that and worked on it until I was looking longingly at my 28 ounce framing hammer and was ready to beat the hell out of it so I walked away. It is nice light all aluminum construction with a stainless lid and wind wings I would love to clean it up and use it but I don't need a flame thrower. The valve base is brazed onto the manifold so it is not easily replaceable , any body have any ideas I have ran out
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Regulator

Postby eamarquardt » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:03 am

Yup, you need a regulator. The fact that the valve is being forced open is a clue that there is too much pressure. If the valve stay put opening them just a little bit will allow the burner to work but it's not "right"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Now you know why it was in the yard sale!! :lol:

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:15 pm

The guy had no eyebrows now I know what really happened ! :rofl2:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry