Just the kind of people we have on this forum.....

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Just the kind of people we have on this forum.....

Postby doug hodder » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:49 pm

So one of our members PM's me, asks for my address, says he has something that I would really like. A box shows up on the back porch yesterday. Tom (TLC) worked for AMC for over 35 years and gifted me a wonderful piece of AMC memorabilia to go with my 59 Rambler (an AMC vehicle). Has a little step that when pushed, the top opens. It'll be a perfect ice bucket (handled plastic removable liner) to help keep Jerome out of my cooler!! Sorry Jerome... :lol:

This is the type of thing that I don't think happens on many forums, probably because a lot of those people will never have the chance to meet, share a beverage, eats and a campfire. Just another example of how wonderful this group of people really are. Big thanks Tom!!! I really appreciate it.

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby rainjer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:53 pm

That is way cool. We really do have a great group on this forum.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby TLC » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Doug:
Thank you for the kind words.
I'll agree with you, this forum has some really nice people on it. I now have an extended family that's international.
Enjoy the bucket and keep that Rambler Wagon going.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:38 pm

:thumbsup:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby dguff » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:27 pm

A cooler will have to be National Park approved bear proof to keep me out when a pressing need for ice cubes arises. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

I seem to recall a mysterious package showing up on my doorstep one time with a big piece of cloth in it.....what would I ever do with that???? :thinking: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Oh, and then there was a Coleman stove that followed me home from the IRG. :thumbsup:

Yep, there are some really generous, strange, odd, unusual, kinda weird, really cool people on this board!!! :applause: :applause:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

cooler

Postby sHoootR » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 am

Hey Doug your exactly right, this forum has the GREATEST bunch of people anywhere. I think you hit it right, we love our trailers, but the people are what keep us here.................. :applause:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:05 am

It must be "The Warm & Fuzzy Season"

I just read and commented on the below Post over on TearJerkers.

Dave S wrote:Being the shy and retiring type (hardehar), I can often be reluctant to speak out, but as a semi-newbee to Tears, I need to make a comment about the "fraternity" known as Teardroppers (and TT's too). Last year I hit the road with my very unfinished Modernaire/Cub and attended two local events......with very positive feelings. This year, I have been to three, with the Tear more complete........and only reinforced my feelings of the "gang". Before I start crying or do some other non-manly thing, I want to say thanks to all I have met and seen so far. Great people and wonderful rigs. To those of you who have units (or are fans of them) and dont try to attend at least one gathering.......you are really missing. Most of these are TOW events (Teardrops of Washington and Oregon.......with Canada/Utah/Idaho/California too), with well attended local event locations......and to think I havent even strayed outside of our corner of the world......YET. Thanks everyone..........

It is a warm fuzzy feeling isn't it Dave.

I'm one of the original Members and I remember our first Club Gathering in Mystic CT.

There were only 8 trailers and nobody knew anybody...for about 5 minutes, then we were Old Friends.

And it has grown from there.

This year, actually next weekend at Mystic/Ross Hill of the original 8 attendees 5 will be coming, 2 have vanished and 1 has passed.

And I'm just as excited about this one as I was 10 years ago.

I once heard a comment from a member that going to a TearJerkers Gathering was like going to a Family Reunion.

Yep, that's exactly what its like.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment