Camping Gaz L-400 Deluxe

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Camping Gaz L-400 Deluxe

Postby Alleged User » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Found this neat propane lantern and considered buying it, only because I think it would look fun in my not yet built retro-ish TD. I know less than nothing about lanterns, which will shortly be abundantly clear. Googled it, and didn't find much about this model, so am wondering if you gearus think I'd have even been able to use it or to find replacement mantles for it, or whether I'd have been out the 40 bucks and in one neato paperweight. Any thoughts? Image

Kelly & Duke
2011 ZZ Drop
Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. - Eskimo proverb
Alleged User
Donating Member

Location: Northern Virginia...not to be confused with Virginia.

Postby Sandyman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Try searching for 'camping gaz' . Mantles are available as are Globes. I picked up some of their equipment back in the 70's, still have it and it works. Yours is the fancy version.

One thing about the old ones is that once you put in a gas cartridge, it cannot be removed until it is used up!

Enjoy

Sandy
:D
Sandyman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Alleged User » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks, Sandy. Image

I still may buy it, especially if there's a good chance I can find mantles for it. And it has the instructions...it's like they know me or something. Image
Kelly & Duke
2011 ZZ Drop
Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. - Eskimo proverb
Alleged User
Donating Member

Location: Northern Virginia...not to be confused with Virginia.

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment