2 more project done...

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

2 more project done...

Postby rainjer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I finally got my Sears big hat running... I have torn it down 6 times, cleaned and swapped out part with no luck. It would not get fuel to the generator. All of a sudden it works. I have no idea why...

I cleaned my JC Higgins tent. I am taking it camping the end of July. First I set it up and scrubbed with laundry soap and Oxyclean. Then I soaked it in a garbage can in Oxyclean for 6 hours. I set i back up to rinse it and for it to dry. I will leave it up for a couple days to dry.

Now to head to the garage for project # 4.. A custom stove...

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Re: 2 more project done...

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Those look good Jeremy....esp. the big hat! Funny how you can clown with one for a long time, and then it decides to run. Thing is...next time it might not. :x Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby CliffinGA » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Jeremy are you going to re water proof your JC Higgins tent before you take it out? We used to have an old army one when I was a kid and I remeber every spring my dad dragged it out and cleaned it up, repaired some of the holes and then re would re water proof with something he picked up at a store. Don't remember what as I was like 5 and thats 36yrs ago but that was his routne every year. Good luck and they look great!

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rainjer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 pm

This is duck cotton canvas. As it gets wet it swells and becomes waterproof (unless you touch it on the inside). That being said I thing I will wait and see. I don't plan on using it much.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment