IRG finds.....what did you get?

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

IRG finds.....what did you get?

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 pm

While I hadn't planned on coming back with more that I took up to the IRG....I managed to get an unfired military SMP lantern. The box date is '82, but the fount is stamped '81. All the extras are in it...2 extra gennies and a full tool compartment. Just some scratches from the funnel on the fount. He was the first person to cut the tape on the box! This is from my "secret picker". Thanks "secret picker". I also managed to come back with a great Prentiss Wabers model 3 stove, courtesy of Kirk. It needs a manometer, (pressure gauge) and I haven't figured out the exact date on it yet, and it's got a funky type of oven that I may be missing some parts on. It has a piece that is hinged in the center of the lid. I'm guessing, early to mid 20's on it.

I took up a couple of lanterns that were Lee's e-bay finds and 1 that I had reworked for Dragonfire, so I guess it's not all that bad to come back with an extra lantern and a stove. Lots of Coleman stuff in the raffle and much trading during the event. A number of other items were also picked up prior to the IRG from the local thrift stores and there was a large swap meet nearby during the event. The 5 wide guys were up and early to hit the swap meet and car show, and I know they found a mine safety lamp. Kevin and Jeremy were hard at it as well. Mike Perini put a nice Quicklite and 413 in the raffle, JDark Oregon put in a nice 500 with a heat drum that had a cast iron top on it. Someone got a nice unusual stove and heat drum.

What's funny is when we were driving through Fortuna before the IRG....I saw Mike loading up stuff from a local shop into his van...I rolled down the window and told him to leave some stuff for us! He's tough to keep up with! He said that they had worked the shops all the way down!

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: IRG finds.....what did you get?

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Sweet looking Milspec. I have two SMPs. They burn just like a coleman milspec.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Lazybones » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Here's what I brought home. Minus the ones Doug picked up for me and the ones I gave away. My favorites are the Green Turner I traded a stove for with Kirk. The Green Sears and the small two burner stove. It seems I'm becoming a "stove guy" bringing home four of them. :CC

Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby doug hodder » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Wow Lee....I didn't notice that you also picked up a lawn mower too! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Lazybones » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:51 pm

doug hodder wrote:Wow Lee....I didn't notice that you also picked up a lawn mower too! Doug

Yeah; and it's a Honda too! someone left it pad locked to a tree just off of the grove. since no one else one there I just cut the chain and brought it home. :thumbsup:
Lee
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 pm

I see you got a Petromax. I am waiting to find one of those in the wild around here. After all I found an R5 Tilley. A Petromax has got to be here someplace.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Lazybones » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Wolffarmer wrote:I see you got a Petromax. I am waiting to find one of those in the wild around here. After all I found an R5 Tilley. A Petromax has got to be here someplace.

Randy

It's a Chinese knock off, called a Red Heart. After some tuning information given to me on CCF I was able to get it going.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby Kevin A » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Here's a couple things I got during IRG. The DO was one that I couldn't pass up, patent date of 1882 D.R.Sperry.
And the USFS lantern box, sure wish it had the original USFS lanterns in it.

"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby rainjer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:22 pm

I got this 288 from Kevin and this JC Higgins single mantle for Cigar Mike (of oldcolemanparts.com) on the way down.

I also picked up a real nice Coleman 530 case also.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby nevadatear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Slow the thing about gatherings is they are not real structured. There are some activities, but there is lots of time built in fo4r folks to do there own thing. At IRG close by there was a car show. Car nuts went there. Coleman and vintage fans went swap meeting. And me, I went on the quilt tour, di some birding, a lot of visiting and just plain resting. That's the fun of a gathering. Nplus some folks did trading at the gathering. We gave lee a lantern in exchange for tuning up my vintage one and one we gave to the raffle.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment