My first waffle dogs!!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

My first waffle dogs!!

Postby DragonFire » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:10 pm

I hope this is the proper place to post this...it's not CI, it's not a trailer, but it is vintage camping equipment (and so am I!)....96383

My first waffle dogs!! Thanks to Mike and Zellie, I have a waffle dog iron!! Mom and I fell for the contest and walked all over the camp at the IRG, talking to people and getting signatures for the chance to win the waffle dog iron that Mike so generously put up as the prize for the meet and greet signature contest. I used it for the first time tonight..cornbread batter with skinless Buffalo chicken sausage. I added a bit of extra Frank's hot sauce (the hot sauce that the Anchor Inn in Buffalo, NY uses..and the are the inventors of the Buffalo wing...) to the corn bread batter..I would have added more on top of the quartered sausage, but I forgot, so added it to the outside of the WD instead....

The first 2 sets stuck. The third, fourth and fifth came out fantastic. I will try another batter in the morning (Kodiak Cakes..whole wheat, oat, honey) with blueberries. Gotta get ready to serve them to friends at the next sanctioned event.... ;)
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Re: My first waffle dogs!!

Postby Maureenm » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Nice work, they sound yummy! And practice makes perfect, for sure!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby GRY GHST » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:47 pm

sounds great
John
my 5x9.5 build viewtopic.php?f=50&t=51618
GRY GHST
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CliffinGA » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 am

Sounds great Barbara your doing better than me, so far I got mine outta the shipping box and had to deep clean and stuck with the camping equipment, and so far no camping yet :lol: but may get it out and try next weekend. Keep enjoying your and have fun with it!

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:10 am

Those look great Barbara.....and you know when you can get patched in! Remember...prior to the patch in...there is a hazing period, all part of earning your "colors". AWDA pres.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Zollinger » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Mmm Waffle Dogs! I have been craving them for a couple of weeks. Weather is finally cooperating. I hate summer and 90 degree days. I just might have to make breakfast for supper tomorrow night. Waffle mix and breakfast sausage dunked in maple syrup. Dang, now i'm hungry. :lol:
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby DragonFire » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm

I made WDs with Batter Blaster and blueberries this morning. Yummy!

@ Doug. Just great. More hazing. Oh well, as long as it doesn't involve a bear, I can deal with it. I'm in a scooter club, you know. Hazing in the early days was a bit, um, life threatening. Especially for scooter girls. Had to prove you were one of the guys, or at least had the, um, 'parts', 'equipment'..whatever...to be with the rest of the club, which had very few women when I joined.

Sounds like I need to bring my scooter boots. Nobody messes with me (Dragon Lady) because they know they are likely to find my big logger boots up their posterior. :shock:
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment