I'm in trouble! Bought two vintage stoves!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

I'm in trouble! Bought two vintage stoves!

Postby Alfred » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Hey gang,

Uh-oh, I'm gonna have some 'splainin to do when mama gets home. I may need to hook up the Weekender for 5 and get out of town for awhile!

I've been back on Ebay after a self-imposed exile. Now, I've bid on and won two stoves in two different auctions, didn't expect I'd win either of them. Now they're both on the way. Sweet wife is endlessly patient with me, beyond reason, but I know she won't understand this one! "Don't you already have 3 or 4 stoves back there, how many do you need?"

Anyway, yesterday I won this one - Anybody know what kind of stove or what era this one is from? Supposedly it was a military stove?

I've been Googling, seeing if I can find T/Sgt "Cliff" Kuppinger from the Stat Crew, to see if the stove has any stories...Anybody know him? The stove is from Bardstown, KY but there appears to be a Cliff Kuppinger in the Seattle, WA area.

Then tonight, I won another vintage stove on Ebay - This one a WWII Coleman 527, used for medical equipment. That's 2 stoves in 2 days, well over my authorized limit for such foolishness. But it is a really, really cool stove...

Whaddya think?

AL :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Re: I'm in trouble! Bought two vintage stoves!

Postby doug hodder » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:34 am

The first stove will have some numbers with most likely a letter on the front of it Alfred. Chances are, it's a 425B or greater. It's not a military stove however, made for the civilian market. Kinda neat to find it as a lettered up gift to someone. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment