Surprises from Mom and Dad

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Surprises from Mom and Dad

Postby ChristopherS » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:19 pm

I remember these when we use to go camping when we were younger. I thought they were gone but they hid them in the closet downstairs.
ChristopherS
Teardrop Builder

Re: Surprises from Mom and Dad

Postby ChristopherS » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Does anybody else have the Presh-r-Matic attachment on their lantern? If so does it work well and were would you pick up canisters?
ChristopherS
Teardrop Builder

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Nothing better then rescuing the family camping gear. I too have my parents 228, that we dragged all over the country. I have never seen the Presh er Matic. It would be interesting to find out more about how that thing works. Have you tried firing up the lantern, or is the manual pump missing?
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby ChristopherS » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 pm

I had it running but it needs new mantles. It still has the manual pump and does hold pressure. The pressure matic thing replaces the gas cap. The red part unscrews and there is a container of some sort inside that puts pressure into the tank. I looked it up and it says its a Co2 tank. There are only a few of them that I found online. Oh it is a 228e. I don't remember this thing at all. I just remember watching the lantern on the table near the picnic table.
ChristopherS
Teardrop Builder

Postby ChristopherS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:49 pm

I had one of those newb moments and didn't realize where everyone was getting the model number.
ChristopherS
Teardrop Builder

Postby Zollinger » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm

I know that my family don't have any camping equipment laying around. Camping is beneath them. Why do you want to spend the weekend without electric, water on tap, and in the dirty woods? :? My husband and I are the ONLY ones that are the outdoors type. Thats o.k. though. If we loose power, or get snowed in, Scott, Oscar the kat and I have our choice of campers, cooking, heating and fuel choices. They would all freeze and starve to death. :D
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ChristopherS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Well camping was the only thing that we could afford. We enjoyed camping two fold. It got us out of the house because we lived with my grandparents and seven people in a little trailer gets a little claustrophobic. Plus we would fish all day and catch enough to take home. I was taught very young to work for what you got and what you want and if you work hard and can't get it well then you don't need it. When I was young I had planned to move to Canada or Alaska and live in a cabin. But then I realized how close I am to my family.
ChristopherS
Teardrop Builder

Postby logman7777 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Zollinger wrote:I know that my family don't have any camping equipment laying around. Camping is beneath them. Why do you want to spend the weekend without electric, water on tap, and in the dirty woods? :? My husband and I are the ONLY ones that are the outdoors type. Thats o.k. though. If we loose power, or get snowed in, Scott, Oscar the kat and I have our choice of campers, cooking, heating and fuel choices. They would all freeze and starve to death. :D

I agree with that statement completely..

Im the only one left in my clan that goes camping without needing 3 way hookups. :D
Coleman Keepers 200A Gang
Green Lantern Corpsmen
High Wide and Handsome Probationary Member
Happy Camping!! -Andy
logman7777
500 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment