It's over till April

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

It's over till April

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Well this past weekend was the last flea market till next April. I went, but did not figure I would find anything. Most of the outside dealers were gone ,leaving the main building to shop through. Those tend to have the more "legitimate" dealers and the prices are usually higher. I found the Sears outside. Spotted it from about 40 yards. No globe, but pretty good shape. Fired up but burns weak. I'll have to spend a little time on it.

Got the 290 (1985) in Black with a case. Great shape and it had fuel in it. Fired right up. I don't have one of those and really like the adjustable feature.

The 228 is in good shape, came with a case and funnel and extra mantles. Lit right up and burns great. Maybe the next few months I can get the rest of my projects burning. Then the new season starts again.

Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Re: It's over till April

Postby Mukilteo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 pm

nice
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am

Nice haul. I have a 290 and a 290A now. I am impressed. They are bright and easy to use. I also have another 290A that has never been fired. Don't know how I have managed that as I am one of the people that fired up their ICCC 20th anniversary lantern. On the day it arrived.

:oops:

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 am

Yea Randy, I know what you mean. I light all of mine. Someday you will pull that unlit lantern down and let it join the rest of your collection. I'm with you on the 290. Great lantern and being able to adjust the brightness is a great feature. I took a couple 288 single burner lanterns that are adjustable on my last camping trip. They are nice to leave out on the table at half brightness. You can still see to walk around but not blast out the neighbors.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment