the coleman lantern tread for colemans and lanterns

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

the coleman lantern tread for colemans and lanterns

Postby slowcowboy » Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 am

things are getting messy again and I thought we coleman nuts that love green and white gas need a peaceful no drama place to discuse our colemanitise with out the drama of the rest of the furum. so I thought I would attempt though it probaly won't work for a new tread to talk and discuse and show off photos of our hobby.

here is a place where you should be at peace on the forum to talk about colemans lanterns stove and sears lanterns and agms and other white gas appances.

got a new coleman feel free to post a photo here with out getting attacked or have wars.

lets keep the colmanitize going in peace folks!

bring on the photos of colemans.

I just thought this was a bettor idea to stay out of conflicts with the rest of the forum and to keep our coleman side of it going.

a place where we can talk colemans with out stiring up any one else on the forum or getting into hot discusions and killing any good treads.

so this is the coleman hobbyest side of the forum

please don't blow this tread up folks as we are just wanting a nice peaceful place to talk coleman lanterns

we are not starting this tread for any wars or to tick any one off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is being started to make peace and keep the colemans discusions going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Re: the coleman lantern tread for colemans and lanterns

Postby slowcowboy » Tue May 21, 2013 6:28 am

heres what this tread is for folks

and this

not this PLEASE!

:x :x :x

please lets have some peace and no drama this was just a attempt by starting this tread to avoid some wars and fights and keep a good thing going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Zollinger » Tue May 21, 2013 4:30 pm

You in trouble again Slow? Dude you really gotta stop that! The Vintage Camping Section of the forum always has been a drama free part of the forum. That's why I hang out here. Anyhoo, here is a pic of my latest buy.
I know, I know, I said NO MORE LANTERNS a couple of months ago, but in my defense my husband encouraged me to buy it. :D It's a non functioning 228J 5 77. I paid (if I remember right) $20 for the lantern and case. I am hoping I get a chance to look at it tomorrow if it's raining outside.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Weirdnerd » Tue May 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Coleman saved the night!...here cooking somewhere in the single digits:

Latest rescue, a Coleman 413H powerhouse, was pretty beat up, had to do some magic with a rivet gun and bucking bars.

And a little "frankenlantern" that burns kerosene.

This is my build thread...
Weirdnerd's teardrop
Weirdnerd
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Here are a couple I got 2 weeks ago. I was at my normal flea market and for some reason I doubled back to the area I covered first and a guy was just pulling these out of his truck. I asked how much, and he said 5 a piece. I did not argue, I just handed him the money and ran away.

Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Nice scores, all of you. Found a 7/65 220 the other day with the box and all the paperwork in good condition. Looked like it had only been fired once or twice. I won't pay $40 for it though. There was a 425 on the shelf next to it that I didn't even look at for $20.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Weirdnerd » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

You got a 201 for 5 bucks???????? AAAAAAARRRGHHHHH!!!!

No, really, 5 bucks?, you scored BIG there!

Woodbutcher wrote:Here are a couple I got 2 weeks ago. I was at my normal flea market and for some reason I doubled back to the area I covered first and a guy was just pulling these out of his truck. I asked how much, and he said 5 a piece. I did not argue, I just handed him the money and ran away.

This is my build thread...
Weirdnerd's teardrop
Weirdnerd
The 300 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 pm

no dawn I started a new tread to make peace. things were on the way to making a mess and trouble on kirks tread and I thought I would do something to keep peace and not start any wars.

for me dawn just like you the vintage section is a peaceful no drama place away from the wars on the rest of the forum

so to keep it this way and to keep us coleman lovers from the crap.

I thought this was a great idea to just avoid confrontation and start a new tread. then avoid treading on any one else and try with this new tread and idea,

my darnest to keep the vintage secetion about peace and colemans.

I sure am not trying to make any one mad. just doing my best to keep a good thing going and keep everyone happy!

its not easy at all being a peace maker on the forum.

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I love the teardrop galley in the photo below and the coleman on the galley shelf!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Zollinger » Tue May 21, 2013 11:36 pm

I know Slow, I was just teasing you about starting trouble. :R
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 am

[quote="Weirdnerd"]You got a 201 for 5 bucks???????? AAAAAAARRRGHHHHH!!!!

No, really, 5 bucks?, you scored BIG there!

[

Yup, 5 bucks. The deals are out there, and I spend more time then I probably should hunting up stuff. It's sort of a game to see what you can dig up. I don't golf, gamble, or smoke, so this is where my extra money goes.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby logman7777 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Looks like trouble a Brewin above ^^^ :NC
Coleman Keepers 200A Gang
Green Lantern Corpsmen
High Wide and Handsome Probationary Member
Happy Camping!! -Andy
logman7777
500 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Wed May 22, 2013 11:53 pm

I try to keep my lantern collection down to a small but managable size. I am after more the diffrent peices. for me its the space and time I am not sure for others what it is.

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Wed May 22, 2013 11:55 pm

i will say my latest search is for a coleman lamp chandaler or the 4 mantle set ups. this will probaly have to wait on dough.

slow
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri May 24, 2013 7:19 pm

I picked these up. and have few questions for you all. The lantern on the left is an AGM, but has a rising sun Coleman globe. The right is a Coleman 220C. Both have identical vents. Why, anyone know?

The Coleman also seems to be a Government model of some kind but it does not look Military. No parts in the tank and the globe is one piece. Here is the bottom of the Coleman. The date is 4 - 7 and has US on it.

This is the decal, also different then the normal Colemans...

Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment