Waffle, Picnic, Canadian, Dog.

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Postby Junkboy999 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Well I have been keeping the postman bizzzzzy these days. Stepped outside to take a picture of my new Picnic stove and found these two goodies under my bench. I been reading up on people making adaptors to run the K-fuel style camping equipment on the one pound propane tanks. So I figured I can give it a try. The Stove is a 5404 Coleman Picnic stove.

The lantern is a Coleman 5121 from Canada. These are undated. Late 60 is my guess. Going to see if I can find a old can of gas. Use it for a template and make an adaptor the same size as the can out of aluminum with a shrader valve on the side and one on the bottom so I can just run a hose to it. Hopefully I can just make one adaptor that can run in the stove or the lantern. Still looking for a cheap 5101 lantern as well, the one with open wire cage bottom. Its gonna be the test lantern.

The Waffle dog, I have no idea who made this one. No marks on it just the patent number and it linked to a electric one, Sorry If I snagged it away from any bidders, but with a buy now price lower than the last two went for a bidding war I could not pass it up.

And the other dog is Dottie of course. She is getting bigger.
:D :D
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Waffle, Picnic, Canadian, Dog.

Postby Zollinger » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 am

The Waffle Dog is the same one that we are all collecting (the aluminum one, not the white one :lol: ). Made by H&K Industries, Oregan, WI.. I had one of those picnic stoves with a few cylinders and gave it away. Next time I find one I might have to try making an adapter and use it. It would be perfect for using the Waffle Dogger. Good score all around!
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby wagondude » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Dottie is getting big. If you want, I can send you a copy of the instruction sheet that goes with the waffle dog. Someone here posted it a while back. If I can't find the file, I'll just scan the one that came with mine. I have a feeling Dottie will like the new "dog treats". :lol:
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mukilteo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:24 pm

A downloadable PDF file of the original recipe book can be found here, second post down.
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=51763&p=953770&hilit=waffle+dog#p953770
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby Junkboy999 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Hey thanks I was just going to search for a good Recipe.
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment